coastalfreak

Googan Baits....?

13 posts in this topic

First off, no, I don’t watch the googans. I was pretty skeptical of their baits, but they are getting some great reviews. All personal bias aside, are these baits good? Or are they just good marketing to the younger fishermen out there? 

For some reason the Krackin Craw has caught my eye big time. 

Most of their baits are close copies of other baits. There’s really nothing unique about them, just marketed towards the younger crowd. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

No different than strike king, zoom or netbait stuff.  My son (11) likes them because of the youtube guy he watches.  If it gets him fishing, why not.  I've tried the saucy swimmers, pretty good.  Like the keitech's, maybe a little sturdier.  

Edited by Heron25

Can't remember the name but I really like the beaver style bait they have, besides that one I still like the original rage tails better.

28 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

Thanks all. I may pick up a bag and give them a try. 

Just looked it up, the one I like is the bandito bug, a nice mix between a craw/beaver style bait. I've caught all over the water column with them, texas rigged, keel weighted ewg, and weightless, still prefer a rage craw on a jig though.

33 mins ago, nateD said:

Just looked it up, the one I like is the bandito bug, a nice mix between a craw/beaver style bait. I've caught all over the water column with them, texas rigged, keel weighted ewg, and weightless, still prefer a rage craw on a jig though.

Funny story, I found a craw/beaver bait that someone lost, took it out today and cut the front off for a jig trailer. Wasn’t till I about left that I noticed it said “googan” on it, lol. 

31 mins ago, coastalfreak said:

Funny story, I found a craw/beaver bait that someone lost, took it out today and cut the front off for a jig trailer. Wasn’t till I about left that I noticed it said “googan” on it, lol. 

Well it sounds like you tried it already then maybe, catch any?

2 hours ago, nateD said:

Well it sounds like you tried it already then maybe, catch any?

Nah, not my day today. No lures caught me anything though...

It's a pass for me. I generally don't spend more than $3 or $4 on a bag of plastics unless it was recommended on TacticalBassin hahaha

On 6/1/2020 at 8:39 PM, coastalfreak said:

First off, no, I don’t watch the googans. I was pretty skeptical of their baits, but they are getting some great reviews. All personal bias aside, are these baits good? Or are they just good marketing to the younger fishermen out there? 

For some reason the Krackin Craw has caught my eye big time. 

Just tried these out, seem to work 

20200718_063115.jpg