Said_g15

Brand New VSX200 making rubbing noise

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hello, I just purchased a brand new VSX200 and out of the box it is making a rubbing noise that sounds like sand is stuck somewhere, but the reel is flawless.. It is literally brand new. I took it to Saltwaters Tackle and the technician wasnt there but the guy behind the counter said he has never heard that before. I contacted the store I bought it from and they are saying this can be because the grease is not distributed correctly inside of the reel. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution instead of sending the reel back? Thanks!

Mike is there every morning so if you call ahead he’ll repair it while you wait. It could be the traverse guide but I’m not completely certain. No need to return it if you just give Saltwaters a call and have them take a look.

2 mins ago, ASrod said:

Mike is there every morning so if you call ahead he’ll repair it while you wait. It could be the traverse guide but I’m not completely certain. No need to return it if you just give Saltwaters a call and have them take a look.

When I was there today, Jose made it seem like it was impossible to reach the "technician/owner". He told me "He's not here everyday, call on Sunday Mornings to see"....... After asking multiples times on how I can contact him he finally agreed to leave a message for me.. Im waiting to hear back. 

8 mins ago, ACFishing said:

yea Craig/Van Staal is pretty good with replies through E-mail but try to solve the problem without sending it back Van Staal 

Yea I definitely don’t want to send it back to van staal. I want to see what Saltwaters says, if not I’ll return it back the Saltwater Edge. 

4 mins ago, Said_g15 said:

Yea I definitely don’t want to send it back to van staal. I want to see what Saltwaters says, if not I’ll return it back the Saltwater Edge. 

When I first got my 250 years back it had a slightly loose traverse guide. I contacted SWE and I ended up sending it in to Whitewaters which at the time was the NY service center. Now Mike at Saltwaters is the only certified tech on NY. Anything that is potentially wrong with it will without a doubt be covered under warranty.

1 min ago, ASrod said:

When I first got my 250 years back it had a slightly loose traverse guide. I contacted SWE and I ended up sending it in to Whitewaters which at the time was the NY service center. Now Mike at Saltwaters is the only certified tech on NY. Anything that is potentially wrong with it will without a doubt be covered under warranty.

Ohhhh gotcha, I have to wait and see what Mike says.

lf your capable, remove the rotor only four screws then look around inside the bach side of the rotor where the rotor and housing are closest to see if the rotor is rubbing the housing, you can spin the handle even with rotor off.

12 hours ago, Said_g15 said:

Hello, I just purchased a brand new VSX200 and out of the box it is making a rubbing noise that sounds like sand is stuck somewhere, but the reel is flawless.. It is literally brand new. I took it to Saltwaters Tackle and the technician wasnt there but the guy behind the counter said he has never heard that before. I contacted the store I bought it from and they are saying this can be because the grease is not distributed correctly inside of the reel. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution instead of sending the reel back? Thanks!

Just tried to call you, voicemail full. Give me a call 631-539-9422 and we can set up a time to repair while you wait. thank you - Michael