KSantangelo

Police State

Rate this topic

290 posts in this topic

So how do we all feel about America becoming a police state occupied by the military? For those staunch defenders of the constitution, what are your thoughts?

I suppose it’s fairly obvious that I’m enraged and disgusted. Not a big fan of dictators, or the precedent this may set for future presidents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't seen the military all day.  The FedEx truck circled the block about four times today, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, KSantangelo said:

So how do we all feel about America becoming a police state occupied by the military? For those staunch defenders of the constitution, what are your thoughts?

I suppose it’s fairly obvious that I’m enraged and disgusted. Not a big fan of dictators, or the precedent this may set for future presidents. 


Are you a fan of rioters and police incapable of dealing with them?  As far as precedents, has the National Guard ever been used for riot control and domestic security before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, KSantangelo said:

So how do we all feel about America becoming a police state occupied by the military? For those staunch defenders of the constitution, what are your thoughts?

I suppose it’s fairly obvious that I’m enraged and disgusted. Not a big fan of dictators, or the precedent this may set for future presidents. 

Are you in favor of letting the savages destroy everything then?  They could pull out the cops and NG and let the citizens fight it out of you think that’s a better idea.  I’m all ears for your solution to stopping these alt leftist communist animals that are looting, burning and rioting all over the cities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nessmuk said:


Are you a fan of rioters and police incapable of dealing with them?  As far as precedents, has the National Guard ever been used for riot control and domestic security before?

Did you not see his rose garden speech? We’re not talking about the national guard anymore. We’re talking about military police. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, KSantangelo said:

So how do we all feel about America becoming a police state occupied by the military? For those staunch defenders of the constitution, what are your thoughts?

I suppose it’s fairly obvious that I’m enraged and disgusted. Not a big fan of dictators, or the precedent this may set for future presidents. 

It's going to happen sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, KSantangelo said:

Did you not see his rose garden speech? We’re not talking about the national guard anymore. We’re talking about military police. 

My questions stand.  Please present your alternatives for stopping innocent people from being killed and their property destroyed.

Edited by Nessmuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ridenfish said:

Are you in favor of letting the savages destroy everything then?  They could pull out the cops and NG and let the citizens fight it out of you think that’s a better idea.  I’m all ears for your solution to stopping these alt leftist communist animals that are looting, burning and rioting all over the cities 

There have been violent incidents in many places, yes. But the police and the NG have been handling it. Today, during the Rose Garden speech, there were protestors outside doing nothing violent. Not even pushing forward on the police line. But rubber bullets and tear gas were still used. I get certain measures being necessary during violence. But this was ridiculous. 
The inflammatory speech coming from our president is not helping. And if any of you think that bringing the actual US military in is going to do anything but make it worse, you’re crazy. 
These protests would come to a natural end. This is just going to extend and enlarge them. 
Just my opinion of course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the gradual reveal of the topic.  It's like one of those movies that works its way backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

End.

No where in there does it say beating or killing people or destroying and burglarizing property.

Someone ordered the riots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, fishinambition said:

Police states are horrible and unAmerican. So how bout we get our businesses back open. Rioters should be shot on sight.

If the cops were being permitted to deal with the rioters, no military would be needed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

Are you under the impression the NG is not actual military?

Of course not. But the NG’s mission is essentially handling domestic emergencies, so their presence is not unusual. The president is talking about bringing in the other branches of the military who’s presence on American soil, policing and fighting Americans, is virtually unheard of. I just think it’s a recipe for disaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.