Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Zen Master

What is God (the philosophical God) trying to tell us? Who is us?

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

As stated elsewhere, I do not believe in a God that has relationships with people. I think that whatever God is, is so infinitely beyond humanity’s ability to comprehend that the human race would drop dead if He showed Himself.

Nevertheless, with all that America has been through since the Civil War, through World Wars I and II, President Kennedy’s murder (by democrats in the CIA), all the stock-market thefts, right on up to President Trump announced that he was running, and then a full blown democrat coup d'état, then the virus / economy, and now cold-blooded by the police on national TV and all over the world via internet, and outrage, and...

And...

Someone ordered riots...

What else can He throw at us?

What is God trying to tell us?

What does He want us to do?

Who is us?

Philosophically, please.

Edited by The Zen Master
Edited for clarity

He doesn't throw stuff at us until He decides He's had enough. And you won't mistake Him throwing stuff. It will be literally raining hellfire.

You can think of it as the caricature of the little devil and angel on your shoulder whispering in your ear. Antifa, et al is satanic. They've already made their choices. 

a6314e4c18fe738a1cf07fa13fda5ff9-kebab-k

A benevolent deity would never let his children act and suffer like this. Wake up, it all total BS. We decide how we act not some evil boogeyman.

4 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

A benevolent deity would never let his children act and suffer like this. Wake up, it all total BS. We decide how we act not some evil boogeyman.

You missed the point completely. In fact, the point flew so far over your head that it might as well be a billion billion billion light years away!

17 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

You're not much for the free will thing? This would be it's consequence.

2 mins ago, Santiago II said:

You're not much for the free will thing? This would be it's consequence.

I am exactly for that. Please explain how a god would let this and so many other things go on. Does he see a little child and think “this one will get breast cancer” ?

33 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

In theory, would not a benevolent deity, who has some kind of afterlife, or next life, in store for his kids, let them see what result from their free will as stupid ****ing idiots, so that in that next life, when the only will is his, they won't have a problem accepting it, as the issue would have been settled in Round 1?

PS - If god were to take a look at this forum, I think the first thing he'd tell us is to do away with the lame avatars that show a picture of a lure, and replace them all with bikini clad hotties reeling in a fish.

2 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

In theory, would not a benevolent deity, who has some kind of afterlife, or next life, in store for his kids, let them see what result from their free will as stupid ****ing idiots, so that in that next life, when the only will is his, they won't have a problem accepting it, as the issue would have been settled in Round 1?

Somewhat similar to re encarnation except you really don’t know your past but are expected to learn from it.

12 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Somewhat similar to re encarnation except you really don’t know your past but are expected to learn from it.

No, not similar at all. Pick a religion, and religion, whatever.

Let's take one where you die and go to heaven as an angel and remember everything.  You saw that free will let to nothing but heartache on Earth, so when you're flying in heaven with the cool new wings, and god tells you that there is no free will and up here his will is both in force and better, you'll believe him.

And then you'll say "look god, thanks for the wings, but if you really gave a damn about me, you'd have given me these ****ing wings when I down in that ****hole looking for tuna, and I could find the biomass.  Being able to flap up a few hundred yards and look around would have helped, ya know?"  But that's another matter.

1 hour ago, The Zen Master said:

As stated elsewhere, I do not believe in a God that has relationships with people. I think that whatever God is, is so infinitely beyond humanity’s ability to comprehend that the human race would drop dead if He showed Himself.

Why would such a being care, or even notice?