fishfinder401

north fork lmx fly blanks

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Has any one built with these? I am going to make either an 8 or 9 weight fly rod mostly for stripers and they have a huge sale on their site right now, went down from 125-62$.... do people like these blanks or should I look at something else?

Several of us 2 Hand peeps have recently bought NFCs 1409-4 or the 1510-4.

Both are LMX blanks, unsanded & 50-65% off in these days of Covid-19.

My Common Cents System measurements on the 1510-4 are an IP of 445.7 grams & an AA of 77.

Actual builds, performance, etc. are still TBD ...

Stay Safe & Sound

I love NFC blanks -- love 'em! -- but I'll offer one friendly word of warning: the lag time between ordering blanks and getting blanks can be painfully slow. I made my last order at the end of November, and they arrived five months later. I was perfectly fine waiting that long, because I got a good deal and it was the winter, when I'd not be fishing, but if you're looking to start a build quickly, you may have issues.

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

I love NFC blanks -- love 'em! -- but I'll offer one friendly word of warning: the lag time between ordering blanks and getting blanks can be painfully slow. I made my last order at the end of November, and they arrived five months later. I was perfectly fine waiting that long, because I got a good deal and it was the winter, when I'd not be fishing, but if you're looking to start a build quickly, you may have issues.

thanks, that is very good to know... a week or so is one thing but it maybe taking most of the summer.... thats something i cant really risk

LMX FASY 1267-4. Sweet rod, compliments the rebranded CTS that it shares lines with very nicely. 

I expect about a month to pass before I get my NFC orders, sometimes sooner. No horrific experiences yet. I think the blank was under a hundred dollars. Chinese blanks cost more.

44 mins ago, Branches said:

LMX FASY 1267-4. Sweet rod, compliments the rebranded CTS that it shares lines with very nicely. 

I expect about a month to pass before I get my NFC orders, sometimes sooner. No horrific experiences yet. I think the blank was under a hundred dollars. Chinese blanks cost more.

Branches:

"rebranded"????

Bob Meiser went to them when GUSA folded under new owners, CTS didn't design their two hand blanks, Bob did, so who is rebranding whom? He also designed the Beulah blanks.