706On-a-Stick

Vintage Rod Roof Rack ID?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I got this rod roof rack off an old timer years ago. Its is actually a really ingenious design.

It is designed to lock into the rain channels of any car that does not have existing cross bars or a rack. The lock locks that in place so you can't steal the roof rack

or rods when in the clamps. The clips are mounted on top for when you are just cruising the beach or theft is a non issue.

Does anyone know what company made these? Are they still in business? The gentleman I got them from claimed he bought them from a tackl shop on Long Island. He couldn't

remember exactly what year or what shop.

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

I think those were made/Imported by Jeros Tackle. no longer in business. they sold all kinds of fishing tackle wholesale. Cant tell from the picture but i would guess the mop handle clips were added on later. I remember the racks in stores , just not the ones with clips on the top.

4 hours ago, derekh said:

I think those were made/Imported by Jeros Tackle. no longer in business. they sold all kinds of fishing tackle wholesale. Cant tell from the picture but i would guess the mop handle clips were added on later. I remember the racks in stores , just not the ones with clips on the top.

jeros tackle is no longer in business/

20 hours ago, derekh said:

You're 100% correct.