Big Slick

Middle River Area - Little help please

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I am planning a little shake down cruise for my boat and plan to launch in Wilson Point Park.  Just looking for a little general help on fishing opportunities in that area.  I don't want your super secret honey hole, just some quick info on where to start.  I've never launched into this part of the Bay and I'm looking for a little advice.  

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Jeff,

Your best bet is to head out to HMI (Hart Miller Island) and fish the rock jetties around it and Pleasure Island. You will find some nice current breaks there. Then if your boat is big enough head out to any of the well known humps like MOW, Memorial Reef, Gales, etc. They are all listed on the maps. The fish align on different parts of these reefs depending on the tide. IF you happen to see bait breaking cast to them.

Thanks a million for the help.  Looks like great weather this Friday so I'm going to poke around and see what I can find.  

Thanks again.  

If you google "traditional chesapeake bay fishing grounds", some guy took the time to overlay all the reef/hump/lump coordinates from the maryland DNR sight onto the map.   I just started exploring the area out of Wilson Point Park last fall and use this as my main resource.