MC55

June Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

824 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Ed White said:

Well, I guess my Spring is over, going to be hard to beat this one. Got tired of small blues so I took a walk out on some rocks, and found this guy, must have escaped from someone's  aquarium. 1/2 oz. Jig, 5" tail, make the fish 8"?

20200601_171603.jpg.0a37d14ddba286aef8334c862b3f6822.jpg

Well if he was orange I would say you caught Nemo. Atleast you have something for your effort unlike others such as myself who have nothing to show at the moment!!

Took my college buddy and his teenaged sons striper fishing for their first time ever.  Trolled mojos and used sonar to find the fish.  40#s for everyone, including multiple doubles.  Big fish in front and all the way up into the bay. No fail today

20200602_232413.jpg.34f9909f314e7bd69209aca6331e581f.jpg20200602_232454.jpg.ab7dba2cb7b2149ff4cf52b30ab6f912.jpg

Thought they would be there again last night, they were not. Such is surf fishing for stripers. There one night, gone the next. MOCO 8 to 11:00pm. Very flat and clean water. Good cloud cover to lessen the brightness of the moon. Did manage 2 small blues so avoided the skunk. 

8 hours ago, ferret said:

Took my college buddy and his teenaged sons striper fishing for their first time ever.  Trolled mojos and used sonar to find the fish.  40#s for everyone, including multiple doubles.  Big fish in front and all the way up into the bay. No fail today

20200602_232413.jpg.34f9909f314e7bd69209aca6331e581f.jpg20200602_232454.jpg.ab7dba2cb7b2149ff4cf52b30ab6f912.jpg

Very nice, Just wondering why do you take pictures of high teen fish and not the 40#ers?

Went out front central ocean county early evening. Lake like conditions. Skunk. This one hit me hard because I had high expectations. Also one more thing....has anyone else noticed an extreme lack of bait in the far back areas? Ive checked out 3 areas in two counties that were loaded with bait this time last year. This year absolutely nothing. Maybe something to do with the crappy spring weather we had?

11 mins ago, libertyminded said:

Blues and 1 stripe! Windy but had 2 rainbows this morn in SJ..  

D500FDEE-1C88-4C76-B0A2-48C9D79B9A97.jpeg

Hopkins lures are one my of favorites for jetties or inlets. I don’t see people using them anymore as much as I did in the 90s

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, levari said:

Very nice, Just wondering why do you take pictures of high teen fish and not the 40#ers?

Don't know if you are being tongue in cheek but I've know Ferret for quite a while. He's a man of his word and those fish look every bit 40.

Edited by joefishnj21

Worked very hard for two 7lb Fish outback last night. Where is all the bait? 2 short fluke too, for the conditions I had in the spots I was I should have at least 10 Fish with a shot at a decent one. Strange spring for sure.

MoCo out back looking for flatties. Found a few nice ones on Gulp, and enjoyed a nice dinner last night. Larger Gulp grubs were the ticket. 

Also, if anyone happens to see a 6'6 MH Ugly Stik Custom Inshore rod paired with a white Shimano Stradic 4000 FJ in and around Neptune, it's my fishing pole that was stolen over the weekend from Neptune Marina. It's an all graphite rod with red wraps, and the reel is spooled with green power pro. The second guide from the top was replaced last year. That rod/reel has been to three continents and fished three oceans, and has been with me for 15+ years. 

It's a snowball's chance in hell that it will be returned, but if by chance it does, I'll hold back my anger and not criminally prosecute that person. :)

19 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Don't know if you are being tongue in cheek but I've know Ferret for quite a while. He's a man of his word and those fish look every bit 40.

I know him as well and I don’t have any doubts. However these fish don’t look 40# and I am wearing my reading glasses..

Just now, levari said:

I know him as well and I don’t have any doubts. However these fish don’t look 40# and I am wearing my reading glasses..

haha hey man i'm not looking to debate. I just give people the benefit of the doubt. Especially a guy who does quite well and puts in time. I don't have reading glasses...yet. The eye exam is next month.

30 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

13 mins ago, levari said:

I know him better than any of you and I don't trust the bastage one bit

:p:p:p

56 mins ago, levari said:

I used a magnifying glass and they looked like 50s. :p