MC55

June Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

824 posts in this topic

17 mins ago, Sevendust111 said:

There is still some access but it’s very limited. Hit NMOCO out front today since out back was chocolate. Soaked clams and worms. Couldn’t keep the trash off my line. Caught one schoolie, but the rest were all skates, doggies and robins. Musta caught over 20 dogs, one was probably almost 4 feet. Oh well, at least my kid had a blast with all the action.

Always a good time as long as the kid's happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would say it is.  Little bigger one my son caught last year.  :)  Needless to say, he didn't want to take a picture close to it.

 

Bluntnose.jpg

Edited by Notable Catch
Picture little too big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TinyTrout said:

Outfront for the sunset. Bunch of sundials on gulp and light jigheads. Anyone ever take any home? Caught one decent one and I considered it but couldn't recall a size/possession limit so he went back. Didn't really regret it cause they are pretty thin but was just curious if anyone keeps them!

No size limit, don't think there's a quantity limit either - if there is it's a very high number

I see a diver every year who spears a dozen or two. Cleans em, scales em and grills them whole with butter, lemon, salt and pepper. Claims they're delicious but too thin to fillet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TinyTrout said:

Outfront for the sunset. Bunch of sundials on gulp and light jigheads. Anyone ever take any home? Caught one decent one and I considered it but couldn't recall a size/possession limit so he went back. Didn't really regret it cause they are pretty thin but was just curious if anyone keeps them!

Great eating, no limit on size or count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ACFishing said:

North beach closes every year this time of year so that the endangered birds (Piping plovers) can spawn or migrate not entirely sure which. It opens at various times each year, last year it opened on June 15th but it might not be the same this year

Haven't  seen any foxes lately, ranger told me they had to be put down due to mange. Really, now I heard that the ravens are becoming a problem, go plovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, R.O.G said:

Hit NOMO at high tide today. One short fluke on teaser. Water out front nice and clean. Outback was chocolate milk. Anyone know why north beach at the hook is closed? And when it will be open again? 

The closed areas usually re open late august or so.  When the fledgling plovers can fly and leave the nest.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sevendust111 said:

Exactly. Side note.... can someone id this? Is it a bluntnose ray?

9FCB0D41-56E7-44C6-BCCA-DD2746939FA3.jpeg

No, it's a young boy in a blue shirt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OC outfront 5-8am. Exciting day. 2 bluefish, first of the year! Was startin to get worried and jealous after seeing all the posts. Also got a tiny striped one in the wash. Also snagged several of the attached photo, not sure what is. All of em on 3/4oz half dark green kastmaster, no love for bait on my end. Also guy down the beach a few hundred yards caught what looked like a MONSTER on bait. Hoping he posts to social media so i can see how big.

20200602_074355.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, codyk35 said:

OC outfront 5-8am. Exciting day. 2 bluefish, first of the year! Was startin to get worried and jealous after seeing all the posts. Also got a tiny striped one in the wash. Also snagged several of the attached photo, not sure what is. All of em on 3/4oz half dark green kastmaster, no love for bait on my end. Also guy down the beach a few hundred yards caught what looked like a MONSTER on bait. Hoping he posts to social media so i can see how big.

20200602_074355.jpg

It's a shad. 

Glad you had a good outting.

They're fun and can save a trip on light tackle.

Better hope the guy w/ the monster doesn't post where he caught it on social media or the place will be over-run w/ the white bucket brigade.

JD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, codyk35 said:

OC outfront 5-8am. Exciting day. 2 bluefish, first of the year! Was startin to get worried and jealous after seeing all the posts. Also got a tiny striped one in the wash. Also snagged several of the attached photo, not sure what is. All of em on 3/4oz half dark green kastmaster, no love for bait on my end. 

That's a hickory shad. Nicknamed Jersey tarpon, they're lots of fun when they get around 18".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, JohnnyK said:

That's a hickory shad. Nicknamed Jersey tarpon, they're lots of fun when they get around 18".

I can tell why, they kept jumping out of the water. First had me real excited. Can i keep them for bait? 

 

7 mins ago, jjdbike said:

It's a shad. 

Glad you had a good outting.

They're fun and can save a trip on light tackle.

Better hope the guy w/ the monster doesn't post where he caught it on social media or the place will be over-run w/ the white bucket brigade.

JD

Extremely popular place thats packed during the day regardless. Im sure it wont help though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, codyk35 said:

I can tell why, they kept jumping out of the water. First had me real excited. Can i keep them for bait? 

 

Extremely popular place thats packed during the day regardless. Im sure it wont help though.

Not even a little bit.

Don't want it to be even more packed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, codyk35 said:

I can tell why, they kept jumping out of the water. First had me real excited. Can i keep them for bait? 

 

I've stripped them for fluke bait, but not as good as bluefish. Never had luck livelining, but my dad had a striper grab one that he'd caught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good night in MOCO last night. 8 to 10:30pm.  Broke the oceanfront skunk for me finally this year with a small blue that ate a pencil at sunset that was almost as long as the fish.  When it got dark got 4 bass 28" to 31". Pluggin. They were hungry and hitting hard. Love that!20200602_085401.jpg.0185f4298648312f68c7c9ce4f22d268.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member