MC55

June Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

824 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas, (cites, parks, landmarks etc).

A specific spot is too much information!

It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you did not catch fish in Ocean County but saying that you skunked at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays. 

Found a little activity this morning kicking off the month of June.  Pulled in two stripers with the biggest at 25 inches, a fair sized fluke, a skate and one chopped off plastic.  Large spread of bunker out there that made easy pickings for the ospreys.  Water was gin clear and the surf was flattening out.  Here's hoping June makes up for the rest of the crappy spring.

DSCF2994.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

Outback, stiff northeast wind. Water clarity not bad at all. Some weed. Skunked. Water much warmer than last week. 

Edited by joefishnj21

Hit the outgoing at 6pm in central OC.  Spent 3 hours walking up and down the beach. Worked metal, poppers, SPs, swimmers.  Finally got a small cocktail in a rip at sunset with a popper.  It took a lot of work to get that small guy!

Outfront for the sunset. Bunch of sundials on gulp and light jigheads. Anyone ever take any home? Caught one decent one and I considered it but couldn't recall a size/possession limit so he went back. Didn't really regret it cause they are pretty thin but was just curious if anyone keeps them!

Blue bite has died off dramatically in the past week and after scavenging multiple areas it seems as if the bucket brigade is going crazy for bluefish that are too small for me to even consider catching. Still some ok sized blues sticking around but it isn't what it was a little bit ago. BTW (The 3 bluefish limit ain't working a single bit, still seeing trash bags full of dead blues). I'll still stick around tho to capture whatever decent striped bass or bluefish we still have left before they are gone for the most part.

12 mins ago, TinyTrout said:

Outfront for the sunset. Bunch of sundials on gulp and light jigheads. Anyone ever take any home? Caught one decent one and I considered it but couldn't recall a size/possession limit so he went back. Didn't really regret it cause they are pretty thin but was just curious if anyone keeps them!

If i'm not mistaken I don't think their is a size limit for sundials but I have kept a couple and they are delicious fried whole, bone and everything is eaten, maybe the eyes too if your feeling adventurous.  

3 mins ago, ACFishing said:

If i'm not mistaken I don't think their is a size limit for sundials but I have kept a couple and they are delicious fried whole, bone and everything is eaten, maybe the eyes too if your feeling adventurous.  

That's what I came to a conclusion too when checking just now. Mhmmm sounds tasty. Love eating the whole fish too and not letting much go to waste. Maybe I'll take one or two home this year to try them out!

Hit NOMO at high tide today. One short fluke on teaser. Water out front nice and clean. Outback was chocolate milk. Anyone know why north beach at the hook is closed? And when it will be open again? 

12 mins ago, TinyTrout said:

That's what I came to a conclusion too when checking just now. Mhmmm sounds tasty. Love eating the whole fish too and not letting much go to waste. Maybe I'll take one or two home this year to try them out!

Definitely a must try, you won't regret it!

11 mins ago, R.O.G said:

Hit NOMO at high tide today. One short fluke on teaser. Water out front nice and clean. Outback was chocolate milk. Anyone know why north beach at the hook is closed? And when it will be open again? 

North beach closes every year this time of year so that the endangered birds (Piping plovers) can spawn or migrate not entirely sure which. It opens at various times each year, last year it opened on June 15th but it might not be the same this year

1 min ago, ACFishing said:

North beach closes every year this time of year so that the endangered birds (Piping plovers) can spawn or migrate not entirely sure which. It opens at various times each year, last year it opened on June 15th but it might not be the same this year

There is still some access but it’s very limited. Hit NMOCO out front today since out back was chocolate. Soaked clams and worms. Couldn’t keep the trash off my line. Caught one schoolie, but the rest were all skates, doggies and robins. Musta caught over 20 dogs, one was probably almost 4 feet. Oh well, at least my kid had a blast with all the action.