Love is gone

Rate this topic

MorningWood

My condolences- words are always useless in times like these but I have always been comforted by the following:

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails in the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength and I stand and watch until at length she is only a ribbon of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says, “There! She’s gone!”Gone where? Gone from my sight – that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the  place of destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her, and just at the moment when someone at my side says, “There! She’s gone!” there are other voices ready to take up the glad shout, “There! She comes!”

And that is dying

I'm so very sorry for your loss Kevin - and for what your family has had to endure over the past few years.  You will get through this as a family and you will be closer for it.   Mary sounds like a wonderful person - I'm sure she would want nothing but happiness for all of you in the future.