MorningWood

Love is gone

Rate this topic

152 posts in this topic

I lost the love of my life yesterday. My best friend, the best mother, the best person I have ever met. I am so lucky to have met her working at Paine Webber in Weehawken in 1989. We started dating in 1991 and were married in 1997. We bought our first house in 1998 and had our first child, a son, in 1999. Two more girls followed in 2001 and 2005. She quit working at Merrill Lynch after our first was born and started her next career and her best career, full time devoted mom, teacher, homemaster. She had gotten her Masters in Elementary Education while working at Merrill and decided in 2015 that she wanted to work with developmentally disabled school children and took a part time job as a teacher's aide in the Millburn school district. She loved her kids, loved all kids. In October of 2017 she started getting headaches at work and started have weird burning rubber smells. On December 22, 2017 she had a seizure and was hospitalized where they discovered a tumor on her temporal lobe. She had her first brain surgery on Christmas Day, 2017. 6 weeks of radiation followed and then a full year of chemo (orally 5 days every month), no signs of tumor regrowth, we thought she had beat it. We stopped chemo in the Spring of 2019. By September the tumor was back. Her 2nd surgery followed, then an unsuccessful clinical trial, back on chemo with the hope that it would again stop or slow the growth. Over the last 3 months she lost the ability to walk, talk, and finally swallow and on a beautiful day in May, the last beautiful day in May, God reclaimed my angel. My life will never be the same, will never be complete, but I will stay strong for my children.

Mary.jpg

IMG_3298.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

MW,I am so very sorry for your huge loss.

I do understand what it is to lose.

you and yours have my best,,you will go on and be strong for your children as you stated.

be strong and tough as humanly possible!

I truly hope you can smile again one day!

HH

I am sorry to hear that Mary passed.  I will keep you and the children and your family lifted up in prayers.  God bless you all 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I am so sorry for your loss.. My condolences    ....Prayers for you and your family...

Edited by levari

You are greatly blessed to have had such a lovely, kindhearted wife and mother to your

beautiful children. I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find peace.