Delmarva Fishin' Reports - June 2020

Rate this topic

luckyOC

Heading to the beach Friday am.Ā  Were lots of people there Thursday over night?Ā  And did Bucks have bait Thursday, or will they Friday morning?

Ā 

Anyone been out front fishing this week?Ā  Typical summer fare?Ā  Little stuff in close, and then sharks and rays?

Ā 

Lots of questions, but haven't been out yet this year.Ā  Itching to go.Ā  Will post some pics of hopefully our success, or some expletives of our lack of success.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Tight lines, all!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

15 hours ago, Hammy said:

Heading to the beach Friday am.Ā  Were lots of people there Thursday over night?Ā  And did Bucks have bait Thursday, or will they Friday morning?

Ā 

Anyone been out front fishing this week?Ā  Typical summer fare?Ā  Little stuff in close, and then sharks and rays?

Ā 

Lots of questions, but haven't been out yet this year.Ā  Itching to go.Ā  Will post some pics of hopefully our success, or some expletives of our lack of success.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Tight lines, all!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Have fun and get there early.Ā  My brother and I struggled to get on at 6:00 A.M. two weeks ago.Ā  Good Luck.

We got on at about 7:45 am on Friday morning, no problem. Ā Count was around 80 at that time. Ā When we left at around 2 pm, there was a line of about 50+ waiting to get on.
Ā 

Fishing sucked. Ā Mid day high tide. Ā Nothing biting in close, or out far, on either tide. Ā Only action was when either a ray or shark swam by pulling about 3 or 4 other fishermanā€™s lines with it it. Ā I hooked into the line it was dragging, but couldnā€™t turn the fish. Ā After a few minutes my line must have snapped the lead line, and I reeled in a couple attached rigs. Ā If someone lost a rod to this beast, it was heading south.Ā 
Ā 

For us, all that bit was crabs and flies. Ā Buckā€™s had decent fresh bunker Friday am, at least one of the coolers. Ā We tried all baits, squid, clam, crab, bunker, fishbites, etc. Ā 

On 6/24/2020 at 5:04 PM, spinr0k said:

Finally found it in my phone from last year, it opened back up on August 7th.Ā  Ugh.Ā  Was hoping its a smaller amount of plover hatchlings this year.

Years past it was always open by the 3rd week of july, last 2 or 3 years it keeps getting later. Last 2 years it opened the weekend of the amsa camporee.Ā 

Slow weekend.Ā  Wind Saturday sucked.Ā  Stuck to catching bait

Ā 

Sunday when we were finally able to get the boat out of the marina the flounder bite on the last of the outgoing was insane.Ā  Just had a problem get them in the net.Ā  Slack tide and imcoming were dead.Ā  Wouldnt touch squid or minnows.Ā  Everything was on teasers and gulp

20200627_171146.jpg

Edited by DerrickT