z-man

Boston Looting

Rate this topic

201 posts in this topic

I thought that MA was doing well until tonight. Looting on Boylston and Newbury Street. Channel 5 is live at Copley Place Mall with people constantly coming out with goods and a stream of cars pulling up to loot. It’s insane. 

1 hour ago, z-man said:

I thought that MA was doing well until tonight. Looting on Boylston and Newbury Street. Channel 5 is live at Copley Place Mall with people constantly coming out with goods and a stream of cars pulling up to loot. It’s insane. 

They torched a Boston Police SUV on live t.v.

I'm dying to to listen to Charlie Baker's (and Mahty,too) take on this...........

I'm hearing one of the looting targets was a jeweler...........

Grand theft......Nothing else....

Would think murder 1 would be set already.

I don’t feel bad. I also didn’t notice any flags at half mast. Give the protesters a reason to stay home and the rioters can’t blend in.

49 mins ago, emptyhook said:

Would think murder 1 would be set already.

I don’t feel bad. I also didn’t notice any flags at half mast. Give the protesters a reason to stay home and the rioters can’t blend in.

They don’t even go after some of the most heinous criminals with 1st degree because unless there is overwhelming evidence it was premeditated there’s a good chance they would be found not guilty. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, harley48 said:

They don’t even go after some of the most heinous criminals with 1st degree because unless there is overwhelming evidence it was premeditated there’s a good chance they would be found not guilty. 

Bingo. The problem is that the large majority of people don’t understand the concept and detriment of over-charging someone. Also, these people will “protest” no matter what - even in cases of perfectly justified use of deadly force. Considering the fact that Floyd didn’t die of asphyxia or strangulation, this cop will maybe, MAYBE, get manslaughter, if anything at all. I will guarantee that this guy doesn’t get a murder conviction. The fact that pre-existing medical conditions and drugs contributed to his death will probably be enough reasonable doubt to clear him of manslaughter too. And people will riot again when that happens, probably even worse.

The other thing that the news doesn’t drive home is that these looters are literally fueled by terrorists, both domestic and foreign. Take into consideration that some of the arrests In Boston are bragging about being paid to agitate/antagonize. Danny Linskey, the former commissioner of BPD, came out with a fascinating statement explaining how they have solid evidence that Russians and Chinese are playing a part in fueling these riots. The people smashing windows, stealing valuables, throwing bricks at cops and burning cruisers don’t give a $h!T about George Floyd, or anyone else. This is real terrorism happening across the country, and people need to understand that.

It really is about turning two somewhat rational sides against each other. Antifa truly is a terrorist organization. I’m not going to go as far as to say that BLM is, but there are definitely sub-groups that act with total disregard for property and lives of innocent people.

Edited by JTR

Judging from the crowd i saw, there should be a giant surge in coronavirus in Boston in a couple of weeks. 
I thought, at least they’re being civil and acting like adults. Wrong... amazing how it only takes a couple of idiots to incite a crowd. Sad.

13 mins ago, Mack26 said:

Judging from the crowd i saw, there should be a giant surge in coronavirus in Boston in a couple of weeks. 
I thought, at least they’re being civil and acting like adults. Wrong... amazing how it only takes a couple of idiots to incite a crowd. Sad.

A couple paid idiots.

Hey! if we shut off the internet and cell phones, the Chinese and Russians will have a harder time turning us into insane criminals. I'll miss you guys, but I'll probably get over it. Oh. Wait!   That pesky freedom of speech thing.

Maybe the owners of sites like FB could do fact checking or even have a program that looks for Interference like we are talking about, and stop allowing the extreme Bullsh8t online that is dividing us a people. Sometimes access to too much can be, too much.

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, Stewie said:

Hey! if we shut off the internet and cell phones, the Chinese and Russians will have a harder time turning us into insane criminals. I'll miss you guys, but I'll probably get over it. Oh. Wait!   That pesky freedom of speech thing.

Maybe the owners of sites like FB could do fact checking or even have a program that looks for Interference like we are talking about, and stop allowing the extreme Bullsh8t online that is dividing us a people. Sometimes access to too much can be, too much.

FB profits from it.

Major media profits.

Edited by JTR

37 mins ago, JTR said:

A couple paid idiots.

They have been training for this for decades. Not just here, but all over the world. The know exactly what buttons to push. And none of it has to due with George Floyd's death, racism, or police violence. It was just the perfect collision of events. They got the phone call and it was "go". And it is not the Chinese or Russians, it is right here in America.

That is all I will say or I will be accused of being political (as if the entire topic is apolitical.... :rolleyes: )

5 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

They have been training for this for decades. Not just here, but all over the world. The know exactly what buttons to push. And none of it has to due with George Floyd's death, racism, or police violence. It was just the perfect collision of events. They got the phone call and it was "go". And it is not the Chinese or Russians, it is right here in America.

That is all I will say or I will be accused of being political (as if the entire topic is apolitical.... :rolleyes: )

I’ve read theories that cartels are spurring riots as well. No better time to move 1,000 pounds of fentanyl than when the country is burning and you can fly under the radar.

Obviously, it’s just a theory, but I think it’s a case of “when there’s smoke...”

13 mins ago, JTR said:

I’ve read theories that cartels are spurring riots

It is not them I was referring to, but yes, no doubt they will take advantage of the situation as well.

48 mins ago, JTR said:

I’ve read theories that cartels are spurring riots as well. No better time to move 1,000 pounds of fentanyl than when the country is burning and you can fly under the radar.

Obviously, it’s just a theory, but I think it’s a case of “when there’s smoke...”

Not to mention extreme right and left groups. Now's their chance to be instigators, come in from wherever, and stir up the shite for their "cause." Convince people looting and burning is an acceptable form of protest and, people being people, the behavior will be as contagious as C-19. Copycats run amuck.