hydraman

WTB combo for 6-7 year old

19 posts in this topic

I’m looking to buy a combo for my big girl she’s outgrown hers and she’s ready for the beach. Not looking to break bank but I’m not looking for junk. I’m on Long Island preferably local. 

3 hours ago, hydraman said:

7’ with a reel who has something they are not using anymore. Willing to spend about 100

some off the frends use Carot stick,new $59 and get her new BG reel 300.

Sorry, just saw Long Island. I have plenty of stuff you could have, but would probably be cost prohibitive to ship. I’m in south jersey 

Thanks anyway friend I like your name we happen to share the same name. 

13 mins ago, HarrytheKid said:

Sorry, just saw Long Island. I have plenty of stuff you could have, but would probably be cost prohibitive to ship. I’m in south jersey 

My son (6) has actually been using an old 6'6" freshwater ugly stick in the surf, the kind you can get at Walmart for $30. I put a more salt worthy reel on it, but the rod has been great for him so far. Surprisingly it can launch a mag darter or sp minnow damn near as far as my good surf rods.

1 hour ago, chitala383 said:

My son (6) has actually been using an old 6'6" freshwater ugly stick in the surf, the kind you can get at Walmart for $30. I put a more salt worthy reel on it, but the rod has been great for him so far. Surprisingly it can launch a mag darter or sp minnow damn near as far as my good surf rods.

Yea my daughter is 6 also and been fishing with me since forever for her. I’ve been trying to avoid big stores. But this is a good option. She needs something for the beach 6’6” is perfect.  I’ll give it till Sunday see if I can find anything on sol first. Thank you. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, LeeSHF said:

I have a TFO inshore 7 footer I’d be willing to sell for 75. 

What’s your location? Which one is it M MH ? 

Edited by hydraman

2 hours ago, hydraman said:

What’s your location? Which one is it M MH ? 

Here’s the picture. It says MH but rated to 1oz. So compared to other rods I have it could be more of a M. But still handles fine above that. I’m in Philly but on vacation the next week. 

F9422A81-52E4-470A-8365-B1B2E2566B7A.jpeg

5 hours ago, FishNorthShore said:

I might have an older school set up that’s indestructible 

Mono she’s not ready for braid let me know what you have.