Gooch88

Made my own 3 tube bag

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I’ve been looking for a large 3-4 tube bag for months Either I spent the money or they were no longer in stock  I fish multiple spots throughout the night and prefer not to bring multiple bags to avoid possibly leaving one and there goes my stuff. it has happened before so... with a budget of $250.00 there really isn’t much available with really large tube’s found plenty of 2” tube bag just nothing in stock with 3-4” tubing so I was cleaning out my storage room and I kept moving this one rod tube from corner to corner. But then it fell over and the cap came off so I’m thinking this is large enough for a couple of plugs I wonder if I have a bag to use well I found my old Ralph Lauren bag I used through middle school and and kept it for fishing well it’s back in rotation again I just saved myself $250.00+ I’m sure this bag won’t last long as it has a bunch of rips around the corners. But i have had this bag for well over 10 years. figured i can use this till ductape can’t hold it together. Other then that I’ll add some carabiner clips. And make a bucktail storage. Already has a 2 large pockets for sluggos  and trailers.  I added some photos below as a example 

image.jpg

Edited by Gooch88

Need more pic's. How you gonna keep it shut, will it absorb water, will it shed water or have drainage, seems to need snaps or velcro sewed on? The idea of 3 tube bags are to lessen the load, this one looks heavy.  Continue to look or create, I can't see you being satisfied long term. 

1 hour ago, Gooch88 said:

I’ve been looking for a large 3-4 tube bag for months Either I spent the money or they were no longer in stock  I fish multiple spots throughout the night and prefer not to bring multiple bags to avoid possibly leaving one and there goes my stuff. it has happened before so... with a budget of $250.00 there really isn’t much available with really large tube’s found plenty of 2” tube bag just nothing in stock with 3-4” tubing so I was cleaning out my storage room and I kept moving this one rod tube from corner to corner. But then it fell over and the cap came off so I’m thinking this is large enough for a couple of plugs I wonder if I have a bag to use well I found my old Ralph Lauren bag I used through middle school and and kept it for fishing well it’s back in rotation again I just saved myself $250.00+ I’m sure this bag won’t last long as it has a bunch of rips around the corners. But i have had this bag for well over 10 years. figured i can use this till ductape can’t hold it together. Other then that I’ll add some carabiner clips. And make a bucktail storage. Already has a 2 large pockets for sluggos  and trailers.  I added some photos below as a example 

image.jpg

good werk,,,,

you could even restore this bag by getting some kind of material and going over the existing bag with the new stuff.

then stitch it around all the edges and such and if you go slow and think it out you could have a new bag and more durability too.

if you had the time to move slow and thoughtfully.

HH

41 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

good werk,,,,

you could even restore this bag by getting some kind of material and going over the existing bag with the new stuff.

then stitch it around all the edges and such and if you go slow and think it out you could have a new bag and more durability too.

if you had the time to move slow and thoughtfully.

HH

Thank you. HH

i’m definitely willing to learn ! going to skip fishing tonight to look at sewing machines. Worse case scenario I’m not good at it and sell the machine. The only thing this bag really needs is grommets. it’s not draining fast enough. Bag tips slightly right. So I’m going to add some small tubing into that corner should be fine. only had 1 issue with my flap being loose and then it floated a little  but fixed that with some rope and a small rock. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Need more pic's. How you gonna keep it shut, will it absorb water, will it shed water or have drainage, seems to need snaps or velcro sewed on? The idea of 3 tube bags are to lessen the load, this one looks heavy.  Continue to look or create, I can't see you being satisfied long term. 

I would like to avoid naming brands but  this bag is a lot better then some Ive owned. It’s not going to absorb water that’s the only downfall but if I can get it to drain out quick it shouldn’t be to bad. I don’t plan on wading  with this bag More so just casting off the jetty and working the back bays. i can just use my aquaskinz double barrel bag for wading but just wanted something for now. I’ve been fishing a lot lately and not being able to have some of my  large plugs because I lack storage was a problem for me I don’t live far from my spot but it’s a headache to be going back and forth. I’m sure you have had this problem  the bag itself  is not even that heavy the tubing is compacted paper from a rod tube I had got shipped from. Tackle direct and the bag itself is basically a old computer bag. The flap has 2 magnets  on the corners plus I tied it down the middle nothing is going anywhere. I estimate it to be at or under 2lbs I plan on buying the odm 3.5 but only one shop I know of has them and shipping was very expensive. till they restock this and the baby 2 tube will have to do. ill update the photos later.

Edited by Gooch88

And I’m still pretty fresh into the plug game so I carry a lot more then I need this is not my normal plug rotation just wanted to add those as a example for storage If more companies had 4” tubes I wouldn’t embarrass myself posting this. I kinda wanna delete it now..

Any fool with a credit card can go spend a ton of money on a bag but making something functional from materials on hand takes creativity... and that’s not something everybody has. Nice work!

If your bag wears out, you might hunt for a small size Timbuk2 shoulder/messenger bag to carry your tubes. Used ones are cheap, they’re very durable and the lining is relatively hook-resistant. Velcro on the flap keeps them shut. They just need a few grommets added to the bottom for drainage.

1 hour ago, Gooch88 said:

Thank you. HH

i’m definitely willing to learn ! going to skip fishing tonight to look at sewing machines. Worse case scenario I’m not good at it and sell the machine. The only thing this bag really needs is grommets. it’s not draining fast enough. Bag tips slightly right. So I’m going to add some small tubing into that corner should be fine. only had 1 issue with my flap being loose and then it floated a little  but fixed that with some rope and a small rock. 

having a positive outlook on DIY is always good.

some will try to be negative but,they are not enlightened as you are.

you def can do it and it will work because you did it yourself.

you stay on it and it will get done.

HH