JPSmith29

Surf shoes/boots

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

What’s a good dive booty or wading shoe for stocking foot waders on sandy beaches that will keep sand out? Was looking at the frogg togg Aransas. I currently have a cheap pair of boot foot waders and a pair of Simms freestone stocking foot waders paired with korkers dark horse with studded soles. I use the boot foots whenever I fish a sand beach but let my girlfriend or a buddy use them if they want to come with so I need something better than the korkers for my Simms in this situation 

I don’t think there is a wading boot made that keeps sand out. Be sure the gravel guards on your waders are folded down. That’s about all you can do.

At my place in Florida I have about a dozen pair of various wading and flats shoes. None of them will keep sand out. The best wading system I have found is a pair of shorts and bare feet. It beats walking in shoes full of sand.

I use the frog toggs surf and sand aransas boot. It keeps the sand out. There is a Velcro strap at the top along with the zipper. Cheap aswell.

1 hour ago, JBay718 said:

I use the frog toggs surf and sand aransas boot. It keeps the sand out. There is a Velcro strap at the top along with the zipper. Cheap aswell.

So they do work well with stockingfoots? My big concern is the sand getting in and wearing a hole in the water booty. How’s the sizing on them? Like would I need to go up or down a size for them to fit right?

1 min ago, JPSmith29 said:

So they do work well with stockingfoots? My big concern is the sand getting in and wearing a hole in the water booty. How’s the sizing on them? Like would I need to go up or down a size for them to fit right?

Yes they work well with stocking foot waders that is what they are designed for. I have no sand intrusion in them. I am 10.5 I ordered an 11 and they are perfect , they are whole sizes only I believe. I think I got mine for only 40$ or something.

1 hour ago, JBay718 said:

Yes they work well with stocking foot waders that is what they are designed for. I have no sand intrusion in them. I am 10.5 I ordered an 11 and they are perfect , they are whole sizes only I believe. I think I got mine for only 40$ or something.

$40 price point on amazon is exactly why I was looking into them haha. Heck of a lot cheaper than buying another pair of bootfoots. My shoe size varies between brands but it’s usually around an 11 so I’m thinking a 12 probably. Thanks for sharing your experience with them!

I wanna piggyback on this topic a little bit with a slightly different question. During the summer when I fluke I usually wear water shoes and I wear neoprene water socks to keep the sand from rubbing my foot. Problem is I am allergic to the neoprene and by the time fall comes my feet are a itchy mess. Is there some kind of non neoprene alternative that anyone knows of? Thanks

2 hours ago, JPSmith29 said:

$40 price point on amazon is exactly why I was looking into them haha. Heck of a lot cheaper than buying another pair of bootfoots. My shoe size varies between brands but it’s usually around an 11 so I’m thinking a 12 probably. Thanks for sharing your experience with them!

No problem, they have been good to me so far. I do recommend fresh water wash when you get home though the zipper can get a little sticky if not. I figured for 40$ I could find a gem and if not I didn’t invest too much but like I said they have been pretty mint so far. Have been using my bootfoots as of late but definitely miss trotting around in the stocking foot/ aransas combo a lot easier on the feet.

With two different pairs of waders i got in one being stockingfoot and the other being neoprenefoot i use two different sizes in dive boots to accommodate the sizes and i'm always standing on sand and no sand gets in.Plus the boots are cheap to buy.