Hairyjig

Fishfinder won’t power off

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a Lowrance hook 5 that ......

1. When I select power off, it goes to a power off screen pictured below but stays on.

2. When you hold down the power button to turn it off that way, it freezes on the displayed screen Like it always did, except it stays that way forever-and never powers off until unplugged .
3. When I unplug it and plug it back in, it Turns on automatically without hitting the power button.  I thought maybe it had to do with the wiring because when I shook the wire connectors that went to the battery the screen kind of flickered a little and sometimes shut off, so I just replace that but the issue remains the same.

049A65D2-663D-43A0-8359-F504B87EAF63.jpeg

Edited by Hairyjig

I look at FF's as sacrificial.  The surprise of what you describe is just not surprising to me anymore. I actually have a backup unit.

Love to hear what their tech support says and if you speak to someone within the states.

9 hours ago, Hairyjig said:

I have a Lowrance hook 5 that ......

1. When I select power off, it goes to a power off screen pictured below but stays on.

2. When you hold down the power button to turn it off that way, it freezes on the displayed screen Like it always did, except it stays that way forever-and never powers off until unplugged .
3. When I unplug it and plug it back in, it Turns on automatically without hitting the power button.  I thought maybe it had to do with the wiring because when I shook the wire connectors that went to the battery the screen kind of flickered a little and sometimes shut off, so I just replace that but the issue remains the same.

049A65D2-663D-43A0-8359-F504B87EAF63.jpeg

Had same issue with a Hummingbird years ago, just unplugged it for 2 years till it finally died...………..

Some fish finders have  a reboot mechanism . Unfortunately you have to call tech support to find out what buttons to press to reboot. May be worth a call? Also may be in the manual if you have one or can check on line?  Google is your best friend .