I’m out of business... thanks Covid

Rate this topic

Kanine Kleenup

KK... I just thought of something. Make this thing even bigger. Offer an annual package which includes dog poop removal plus the 4x per year lawn treatment and flower bed weeding (1x per month) which everyone hates to do. People need to fertilize anyway and often pay a different company to do it. 

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

Thanks for the encouraging words (from those who wrote them) I’ll be ok, I can slide along for a while. Hopefully the economy will come back strong. 
wayne tj- what the hell are u talking about? Thankful that I’m closing my business? career? School? That’s funny. Please go crawl under a rock.

It is a bummer KK, for sure, but it sounds like you have your head on straight, and will come out better for this set back. It is not what happens to you that matters, but how you react to it. You could go jump off a bridge at losing your business, and folks have before, but you are already on Plan B, thinking of your way through it.

You'll figure it out.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

To KK... really sorry this is happening to you. A lot of good people who own small businesses are dealing with a similar situation. Wish you the best and I hope your business returns at some point.

To the group...

I think when this is over, there actually may be job opportunities. There will be many people who will get too comfortable sitting at home collecting the unemployment check. This will leave jobs for those who truly want and need them. 

For employers who had to lay off people - this presents an opportunity to re-hire people who may be a better fit for what you are looking for. You do not have to invite back the person who was often late to work and did not take the job seriously. There will be plenty of people out there who can be an asset to you.

All good points , this is thinking outside the box. 

12 hours ago, rockyoutdoors said:

When you can make more money sitting at home than working because of the government handouts there is a problem Houston! 

Agreed, the feds shulda lend support via extending or assist funding the the states UE not adding 600 a week, also buy GIVING SMALL BUSINESSES DIRECT SUPPORT. GETTING$$ IN TO THEIR HANDS QUICKLY.

21 mins ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

Thanks for the encouraging words (from those who wrote them) I’ll be ok, I can slide along for a while. Hopefully the economy will come back strong. 
wayne tj- what the hell are u talking about? Thankful that I’m closing my business? career? School? That’s funny. Please go crawl under a rock.

Go back to school?? Who is gonna pay for it?? And who is gonna put food on your table while your writing essays and doing homework. He needs a reality check.

I’m not going to lose my house (or any sleep) over this, luckily my wife is able to work at home thru this. I have been fishing almost every day, so I got that going for me.... I have worked hard enough over the years that I can choose what to do next. I could probably get a job working for someone else, but I have not done that in a long time. As for eBay, there are still plenty of buyers out there if you have the right items to sell. I’m not collecting any government handout, but I wont stop my Former employee from getting a few crumbs from the government. 

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

To KK... really sorry this is happening to you. A lot of good people who own small businesses are dealing with a similar situation. Wish you the best and I hope your business returns at some point.

To the group...

I think when this is over, there actually may be job opportunities. There will be many people who will get too comfortable sitting at home collecting the unemployment check. This will leave jobs for those who truly want and need them. 

For employers who had to lay off people - this presents an opportunity to re-hire people who may be a better fit for what you are looking for. You do not have to invite back the person who was often late to work and did not take the job seriously. There will be plenty of people out there who can be an asset to you.

Very true. 

After the last recession I laid off 11 of 12 employees.  I rehired only 3 of the originals and hired 5 new guys who were sharper. 

Fewer employees produced more for less.

Bad news for sure. Hang in there. The employees staying home collecting unemployment When they could be working are shortsighted and will be scrambling for jobs soon when the well runs dry. I’m luckily still employed but in the private sector that can end at moments notice for any reason or no reason at all so I’m always planning for job loss. At the end of the day, I would scoop the poop if I had to.

No Bait. No Barbs. No Buckets.

2 hours ago, Billybob said:

I thought that if a layed off employee is oferred his job back and declines, he's loses the UE benefit?

Not any longer, all one has to say is that he is afraid of contracting the Kung Flu if he goes to work.

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

2 hours ago, Kanine Kleenup said:

I’m not going to lose my house (or any sleep) over this, luckily my wife is able to work at home thru this. I have been fishing almost every day, so I got that going for me.... I have worked hard enough over the years that I can choose what to do next. I could probably get a job working for someone else, but I have not done that in a long time. As for eBay, there are still plenty of buyers out there if you have the right items to sell. I’m not collecting any government handout, but I wont stop my Former employee from getting a few crumbs from the government. 

The eBay thing is no longer worth it with taxes and such. My BIL has been selling eBay items on the side since it’s inception, odd stuff, the concert tickets, then discounted items, the jeans and clothing, collectible posters etc.. he’s no longer doin it after this year and that says a lot

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

37 mins ago, Sandflee said:

The eBay thing is no longer worth it with taxes and such. My BIL has been selling eBay items on the side since it’s inception, odd stuff, the concert tickets, then discounted items, the jeans and clothing, collectible posters etc.. he’s no longer doin it after this year and that says a lot

I have been paying the taxes on eBay since I started in 1988....it’s only a problem if you don’t account for it. Just like any other business...