Mainiac

Starting vacation tomorrow !

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

All kinds of excited. Been hearing good reports from local guys and plan to start hitting it in the early AM.

Let you know what I find.:D

Posted (edited) · Report post

Go get em Mainiac. Fishing has been good. Multiple outings  7+ fish, biggest at 27" many 22-23". One fear I had just before this season started has come to fruition. More fishers out there. Work shutdowns & Covid escapees have caused added fishing pressure. Admittedly spoiled, I usually have the place to myself for  May& June. Not so this year. Beach lots, off season limited parking areas have been filled to July standards two months ahead of schedule. My expression goes something like this. I like to see the out of staters come but I also like it when they go. Not so happy to see them come this early with everything that goes with that. Mainiac get to your spots early.

Edited by Livliner
spelling

2 hours ago, Livliner said:

Go get em Maniac. Fishing has been good. Multiple outings  7+ fish, biggest at 27" many 22-23". One fear I had just before this season started has come to fruition. More fishers out there. Work shutdowns & Covid escapees have caused added fishing pressure. Admittedly spoiled, I usually have the place to myself for  May& June. Not so this year. Beach lots, off season limited parking areas have been filled to July standards two months ahead of schedule. My expression goes something like this. I like to see the out of staters come but I also like it when they go. Not so happy to see them come this early with everything that goes with that. Maniac get to your spots early.

Well said, I cant believe the people I am seeing, unbelievable....

2 hours ago, Livliner said:

Go get em Maniac. Fishing has been good. Multiple outings  7+ fish, biggest at 27" many 22-23". One fear I had just before this season started has come to fruition. More fishers out there. Work shutdowns & Covid escapees have caused added fishing pressure. Admittedly spoiled, I usually have the place to myself for  May& June. Not so this year. Beach lots, off season limited parking areas have been filled to July standards two months ahead of schedule. My expression goes something like this. I like to see the out of staters come but I also like it when they go. Not so happy to see them come this early with everything that goes with that. Maniac get to your spots early.

It was a total zoo in front of a river north of Portland this morning.  It was like albie season at the Cape.

44 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

Thank Christ I fish mostly at night....

Yep, so far so good. 

Guess the crowds are a "Nothern MA" issue.  Up here very few moorings have boats on them.  Doesn't break my heart in the least...

7 hours ago, BradO said:

It was a total zoo in front of a river north of Portland this morning.  It was like albie season at the Cape.

Insane 

I fished from 4-8 this am

could not believe the amount of yahoos out by 630

#adifferentcovidfever

natives are restless, and renting boats

Yay

looking forward to 35 degree tomorrow morning, hopefully thinning the newbies

Pretty unreal how crowded it’s been. On the bright side I’ve been forced to fish some spots I’ve chosen not too....mostly out of convenience.....but the last couple days those spots have paid off

13 hours ago, BradO said:

5 hours ago, jimbighead said:

Insane 

I fished from 4-8 this am

could not believe the amount of yahoos out by 630

natives are restless, and renting boats

Yay

looking forward to 35 degree tomorrow morning, hopefully thinning the newbies

4 hours ago, Plugger207 said:

Pretty unreal how crowded it’s been. 

And to boot, you get to "enjoy" the highest COVID-19 infection incidence down there...