mtl50

Trying to get my rod back.

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So, around 10, and I'm guessing, years ago, I sold my custom Arra 1205 to Kevin, 1dozenraw, for $150 and a gold Tattoo with the intent to buy it back when I was in a better place financially. Unfortunately, Kevin passed and I lost track of the rod. It had a cork grip and no reel seat. My name was on it but I believe it was misspelled. My last name is Lojzim and it was spelled Loizum I think. I know this is a wicked long shot, but if anyone has it, it would mean a lot to me to get it back. If anyone has seen it or has it, let me know. It has a lot of sentimental value. Kevin had a lot to do with me finally getting sober. Thanks in advance. Tight Lines 

Mike.

Edited by mtl50
Spelling

Posted (edited) · Report post

It would be pretty cool if you are able to reunite with the rod but you already know it’s a long shot.

As an alternative, why don’t you consider having a replacement built for yourself?
If I were you I would incorporate some of the original Rods  features on the new one, including your misspelled  name and perhaps a special message like “thanks Kevin.”

Just some thoughts to keep you moving forward with your sobriety, remembering your past and celebrating what you’ve already accomplished.

Good luck !

Edited by valentine

1 hour ago, valentine said:

It would be pretty cool if you are able to reunite with the rod but you already know it’s a long shot.

As an alternative, why don’t you consider having a replacement built for yourself?
If I were you I would incorporate some of the original Rods  features on the new one, including your misspelled  name and perhaps a special message like “thanks Kevin.”

Just some thoughts to keep you moving forward with your sobriety, remembering your past and celebrating what you’ve already accomplished.

Good luck !

I might do just that. It was also my first custom build. I have a feeling that it just might turn up. If there is one thing I have learned is that nothing is impossible! 

Thanks

Mike

3 hours ago, put_em_back said:

I'd like to see you find it.  Keep this going and hopefully someone will know someone who has it.

I have a feeling that will happen. I had a lead on Kevin's daughter, who had all of his stuff, but I moved and lost it.

good for you bud keep doing what your doing...hope u can find it..if u do keep us posted..sounds like it could be a good story ..best of luck finding it

It may help if you post where Kevin used to live and when was a last place in your knowledge his daughter was in?

Have you gone through Kevin’s bst history. He was a prolific buyer and trader so there may be a trail on the rod in there.