stripercrazy

biggest bass and bluefish 2020 R.I.

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/28/2020 at 2:02 PM, stripercrazy said:

just say your in, C and R contest/tape measure with fish, shore caught,plug or fly, ends turkey day. for a plug worth 10 bucks mailed to winner or given to them in person.you can say your in for bass or blues or both.fish has to be caught from R.I.

I really like your idea and hope more continue to do the same.  I always thought it was a waste to kill a big fish just for a weight/pics when the angler had no intention of eating it.

I had created a cell phone app. that can estimate the length/weight of your fish.  It's free to use but I could donate the paid version to the winner if you want.  PM if this is something you would like.

Edited by jps1010

Well here’s the first Bass entry! It was 35” and 17 pounds. The picture with tape is a little tough to see because I kept the fish in the water. It was weighed on a boga grip and I have two people who were witness to the catch. I was out surfcasting and wasn’t about to drag this beautiful fish up on the beach and risk killing it. Caught on an SP minnow!

BC10D80A-AF62-4F1F-B545-DC0B2AE51BF6.jpeg

18665E67-172B-4D05-A177-395C88D891CA.jpeg

looks like a 35 inch fish to me, great start. next time lets get a better photo of the fish and the tape. a few years ago we had some problems with a photo lol