stripercrazy

biggest bass and bluefish 2020 R.I.

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

just say your in, C and R contest/tape measure with fish, shore caught,plug or fly, ends turkey day. for a plug worth 10 bucks mailed to winner or given to them in person.you can say your in for bass or blues or both.fish has to be caught from R.I.

Edited by stripercrazy

im in bass and blues.  Wish I put a tape on this one.  Its a size 13 boot.

F281B9C2-9899-485D-A4CF-97C07071E85D.jpeg

Edited by Kooky

3 mins ago, stripercrazy said:

Peeling you in for both? Bass/ blues or just one there 2 winners a bass winner and a blue’s winner so it’s 2 plugs for both

Might as well do both!

1 hour ago, Peelin' Drag said:

Is that a tsunami talking popper i spot?

yes it is.. Blue fish love that blue backed one this time of year.  Was out catching many around me who were struggling to hook up.  I gave it away to someone who wasnt catching as i left.

I’ll throw one plug in for the biggest bass. I got a nice 4.5oz washed ashore green Mack with pink belly plug. Or if the winner wants for 2021 I can take them on a night trip on my boat in July/August for block island striper trip and see if they can break their PB striper.

Edited by canalsharpie

7 hours ago, stripercrazy said:

just say your in, C and R contest/tape measure with fish, shore caught,plug or fly, ends turkey day. for a plug worth 10 bucks mailed to winner or given to them in person.you can say your in for bass or blues or both.

I’m in for both. Shoot me your address. I’ll throw in this BM 2oz darter for the person who has the longer fish of two winners. 

image.jpg

Talking poppers are great for blues. Schoolbus color scheme for some reason attracts the bigger bass in a short fish blowup. Fish them slow almost to a dog walk.They don't have a very long lifespan because they split from heavy use but for $10 lousy bucks, crimp the barbs and have at it. 

29 mins ago, SlackTideBri said:

Talking poppers are great for blues. Schoolbus color scheme for some reason attracts the bigger bass in a short fish blowup. Fish them slow almost to a dog walk.They don't have a very long lifespan because they split from heavy use but for $10 lousy bucks, crimp the barbs and have at it. 

I'll have to give it a shot. I've had great success with the bone color for bass also. I even change the rear hook out for an inline single and it makes things a lot easier on you and the fish. And yea, how can you go wrong for $9?

1 min ago, Peelin' Drag said:

I'll have to give it a shot. I've had great success with the bone color for bass also. I even change the rear hook out for an inline single and it makes things a lot easier on you and the fish. And yea, how can you go wrong for $9?

I had a single siwash on the back but after a few fish some how a blue managed to remove it.  Had to switch out to a treble from another lure on the fly. :hooked: