Headed to Florida during Covid

Rate this topic

ErikT

Curious about the rules for New Yorkers traveling to Florida. Basically, we had a vacation planned for the end of June in a timeshare in Orlando. Flight is still in good shape and timeshare is open with restrictions but we have heard about mandatory quarantines for NY, NJ and LA residents traveling to FL. 

anyone know if this is actually happening?

everyone in my family has had the virus in March. We all have the antibodies. 

peace

In all honesty regardness of the covid, new yorkers should be banned from travel indefinitely. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

47 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

In all honesty regardness of the covid, new yorkers should be banned from travel indefinitely. 

this 

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

1 min ago, mwhitt80 said:

Truth.

yes, we all feel this way. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

I had a trip planned to the Keys on June 1st and I cancelled, and the impression I got from them was that it was a good idea

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

42 mins ago, Gatr522 said:

Neighbor returned a week or two back said there was an hours long line to enter the state on 95.

That's the thing. Unless you must travel, is it worth the aggravation? I'm still hoping to come to dirty jersey in August. I wouldn't stay home because of the sickness, but might to avoid the aggravation.

10 hours ago, Gatr522 said:

Neighbor returned a week or two back said there was an hours long line to enter the state on 95.

I can confirm that, if you drive get off 95 before the border and drive some back roads.  Spent 10 weeks down there during the brunt of the initial Covid.  We were in the glades so pretty safe.