Minnesota Man Dies In Custody

Rate this topic

afterhours

8 mins ago, Heron25 said:

I wonder if people hadn't been cooped up in their homes for 3 months if this would have happened as bigly?

Probably not. Everyone had some pent up anger at the current situation this likely just exasperated it to some degree 

Lit match in some dry kindle 

but to be fair the ethnicity of the rioters seems to be diverse

Brown, yellow, puerto rican and Haitian 

Edited by Sandflee

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

5 mins ago, Shaky86 said:

Seems to be mostly white college-aged people acting up in Boston. 

Massachusetts White people would never act up

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

24 mins ago, charloots said:

And they all have big tattoos.

Lousy imitating chimps! .:dismay:

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

2 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Massachusetts White people would never act up

I worked with a pug from Southie that went out of his way to be the biggest dick to anyone and everyone that entertained him. Probably the funniest guy I ever knew. 

27 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Probably not. Everyone had some pent up anger at the current situation this likely just exasperated it to some degree 

Lit match in some dry kindle 

but to be fair the ethnicity of the rioters seems to be diverse

Brown, yellow, puerto rican and Haitian 

:th: Right, that’s it...exasperated:

Minneapolis firefighter Korboi "KB" Balla says his dream was always to open a sports bar, something he almost achieved after "countless hours" working on the project.

His initial open date in March had to be pushed back because of the coronavirus pandemic. He was ready to finally open his doors in June, but that plan came to a crashing halt when rioters destroyed his business on Wednesday.

"I don't know what I'm going to do," a teary-eyed Balla told a CBS affiliate. The outlet reported that Balla invested his life savings into opening the bar which looters infiltrated as cameras were rolling.

"We've been working so hard for this place. This is not just for me. This is for my family," Balla says on the video.

MINNEAPOLIS COP WHO KNELT ON HANDCUFFED BLACK MAN GEORGE FLOYD CHARGED WITH 3RD DEGREE MURDER, MANSLAUGHTER

On a GoFundMe for rebuilding his bar, he confirmed that it was destroyed Thursday night.

"The building and my business was completely burned down last night," he said. "I am devastated but I know something positive will come out of all this. Stay blessed everyone!"

In an update, he said: "To find out that the countless hours, hard work, late nights away from my kids, and family had all been for nothing was soul-shattering. It is not the material things, more so the time that cannot be reclaimed."

Created just a day ago, KB Balla's fundraiser has already surpassed its goal of $100,000. As of Friday evening, the total was over $300,000 and nearly 12,000 people had donated.

Twyana Balla, KB's wife, posted footage of the scene on Facebook, and condemned the idea that the riots were somehow achieving justice for George Floyd, who died earlier this week after a police encounter caught on video that went viral and prompted protests in multiple U.S. cities.