MorningWood

Prayers Please

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

I am usually a very private person and don't share my personal problems with strangers but at this point I figure all the prayers I can get may help. My wife Mary has been courageously been battling glioblastoma for the past three years. She is a warrior above all warriors. She had her first brain surgery on Christmas Day 2017 then did a year of chemo. Three months after stopping chemo the tumor had returned and she had her second surgery in September 2019. We tried a clinical trial at Hackensack University Hospital that introduced immunotherapy. We were going every two weeks for chemo infusions with injections of the trial drug for 6 months but it wasn't working and the tumor was growing again. So we stopped in February and went back on the oral chemo that controlled it for the year after her first surgery. Her condition has been getting worse since March. She lost use of her right arm and leg but could still stand until a little over a month ago. Over the past two months or so she lost the ability to communicate but she still knew when you were talking to her and would occasionally say yes or no when asked a question. She was still eating and drinking but needed to be fed and between me, my kids, and my mother in law we have been able to take care of her. Move her out of bed into a wheel chair or to the couch, feed her, change diapers etc. Our biggest fear has been to have to send her to the hospital with the COVID fears etc. We didn't know if we'd be able to see her again if she was taken to the hospital. Well yesterday morning she passed out when we tried to put her on the porta potty and her breathing was very erratic when we moved her back to bed so I had no other option than to call 911. She's now in the hospital, she can't communicate with anyone, and we are not allowed to visit her because of the virus. So we could use some prayers from the community. While we all know nothing is going to stop this F_ _ _ING disease we just want to have her home so my kids can spend just a little more time with her.

Prayers to your whole family.  I'm very lucky for now that my wife is still mobile we were told las Sept. to be prepared when her cancer moved to her bone marrow. Just like what you said, just enjoying every minute I could with her right now.  My best friend and fishing buddy for over 25 yrs. Hang in there. God Bless !!

Very sorry to hear this news.I went through this same exact  thing with my dad 25 years ago and it just isn't fair at all. My thoughts are with you and your family through this difficult time.

Thoughts and prayers Kevin.  I cannot imagine what you and your family are going through.  Mary certainly sounds like a warrior as well as you and your family.

I feel so bad for your struggles.  Sending prayers for strength.  At least the hospitals are not over run anymore and hopefully she will get out in time for you wishes.  This is where I would use prayer hands if we had that emoticon.