JohnP

“in order to create jobs, we need to incentivize people to go back to

Rate this topic

133 posts in this topic

1 min ago, The Zen Master said:

John Pee had his last "Village" thread blown out of the water such that he could not even respond to rational challenges to his thesis, so, overnight, he came up with this absolutely pointless topic.

Nah, we know intellectual discussions don’t work here if righties don’t have memes to respond with 

5 mins ago, sandflea5 said:

And what about the businesses that no longer exist? People from those lost jobs are going to need incentive to find other employment.

didn’t you gear From the deplorables?

people who lost jobs because a business failed and can’t find something comparable are just lazy. 

I'm just the opposite.The 1200.00 check created 3 new fields of employment  for me. I bought a saw,a pressure cleaner and even bought some hose and jet tips for clearing drains.I'm now an arborist,concrete cleaner and a roto rooter.

5 mins ago, JohnP said:

didn’t you gear From the deplorables?

people who lost jobs because a business failed and can’t find something comparable are just lazy. 

Not my job to pay for lazy people with taxes I pay.Some people" incentivise" better when they are hungry.

13 mins ago, JohnP said:

Nah, we know intellectual discussions don’t work here if righties don’t have memes to respond with 

I posted the tranny pic in that thread. I guess that’s what you’re referring to. 
If I posted it in word people like you would just say it’s fake news and a right wing conspiracy.  I post an actual pic of tranny day and crickets.  

59 mins ago, JohnP said:

last I checked, a person is not eligible for unemployment if they were offered but refused a job back at their employer...

^ for reference.

21 mins ago, JohnP said:

the unemployment system is not designed or prepared to pay people exactly what they lost when their job was eliminated 

there is no desire or ability to capture that number, nor consider regional adjustments, compensate for lost benefits like healthcare

somewhere there is somebody who is making out better, others are making out worse 

the propensity to focus on just one side of the data is the hyper partisan divide we are seeing with everything 

John, with all due respect, really, you enter your own thread with a statement of "fact" that is just patently false.  No ifs ands or buts about it, its just wrong.  

Maybe pontificate on things about which you have some level of expertise?  

Perhaps this is a good time for you to listen and learn instead of wriggle to fit something to a narrative or prior notion?  

Just some advice.  

26 mins ago, ridenfish said:

I posted the tranny pic in that thread. I guess that’s what you’re referring to. 
If I posted it in word people like you would just say it’s fake news and a right wing conspiracy.  I post an actual pic of tranny day and crickets.  

Yeah trannies must be something relevant in your life

1 hour ago, JohnP said:

last I checked, a person is not eligible for unemployment if they were offered but refused a job back at their employer...

Really? What if they can’t find someone to watch their kids because day care is closed? Then FLMA kicks in! 
Why would someone making $2400/mo on top of unemp want to take a new 

job? 

The Govt has offered ways for people to game the system! And they will. 

simple resolution, end the Fed free money and the available jobs will be filled. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

It's called meaningful work with benefits....Stop the I'll gotten bonus .....all management thinks they are entitled to a bonus,have the big guy pay you what your worth ....I know that solution would be to easy and how come we shipped all manufacturing to china....and then management sucks up all the profits and only offers part time work so we don't have to pay them and no lunch because they don't work more than five hours a day.

The next time there's a take over of a 500 company.....well we are trimming down in certain areas and expanding in others resulting in 5000 layoffs.And the new big suit I MEAN SHEET WRITES HIMSELF A CHECK FOR A COUPLE OF MILLION AND THEN SAYS THESE TOUGH MEASURES WILL RESULT IN TREMENDOUS SAVINGS....PLUS THE STOCK OPTIONS....REALLY YOU NEEDED A DEGREE FROM HARVARD TO DO THAT.THE ILL GOTTEN BONUS ....WHEN THE SUITS SUGGEST TO THE NEW COLLEGE GRAD YOU PROBABLY GET A BONUS,OR WE MATCH 4% Of YOUR 401K AND THEN WE'LL IT WASN'T A GOOD YEAR MINIAMIL BONUS JUST ENOUGH TO COVER THE MINIUM WAGE VS HOURS WORKED AND ONLY 1%IN THE 401K.......BUT THE SUITS GET THEIR I'LL GOTTEN BONUS....BERNIE AND A O C AREN'T ALL WRONG I'M NOT A FAN OF EITHER BUT CORPORATE AMERICA HAS TO CHANGE ITS SALARY DISTRIBUTION METHODS AND THE END OF THE I'LL GOTTEN BONUS.ONE THING I HAVE NOTICED DURING THE PANDEMIC ONE COMPUTER SCREEN CAN BE SENT TO AN UNLIMITED NUMBER OF FACILITIES AND THE SAME SUPV/SUIT IS ON THE SAME SCREEN.IF YOU NEED A BONUS TO DO YOUR JOB THEY SHOULD FIRE YOU ...YOUR ONLY SCREWING THE STOCK HOLDERS. I KNOW THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU THAT AT HARVARD.

Edited by Surf bomber

Just now, Markushook said:

Really? What if they can’t find someone to watch their kids because day care is closed? Then FLMA kicks in! 
Why would someone making $2400/mo on top of unemp want to take a new 

job? 

The Govt has offered ways for people to game the system! And they will. 

simple resolution, end the Fed free money and the available jobs will be filled. 

it IS possible to have a great conversation here, I don’t see it happening, but it’s possible.

so let’s say there are 50 million people applying or collecting unemployment right now...

using your vast wisdom...

what percentage won’t go back to work No way no how because of the current extended unemployment benefits? 

is it a matter of just stopping the benefits, and they will suddenly find jobs Even remotely on par with what they lost?

5 mins ago, JohnP said:

Deflect as usual.  It’s what people lie you do. 
Do you think it’s appropriate in a classroom of little kids?  Maybe try answering the question instead of being your usual tool bag self. 

47 mins ago, JohnP said:

You just proved my point, Einstein.

10 mins ago, JohnP said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  They were highly relevant examples in your other thread, which you chose to ignore and then mock.

1 hour ago, JohnP said:

anyone know how wishing workers back to work will ‘create jobs’?

doesn’t the job have to exist?

doesn’t the incentive need to exist by the employer?

quote from current WSJ

“This will not be in the next bill,” Sen­ate Ma­jor­ity Leader Mitch Mc­Connell (R., Ky.) said last week in a call with House Re­pub­li­cans, ac­cord­ing to a per­son briefed on the call, re­fer­ring to the pro­posed un­em­ploy­ment pay­ments. Later, on Fox News, Mr. Mc­Connell said that “in or­der to cre­ate jobs, we need to in­cen­tivize peo­ple to go back to work, not en­cour­age them to stay home.”

ironically, this article stood next to a WSJ report that summer hiring is way down leaving few options for seasonal workers and students. Maybe the students are just lazy ?

help us understand McConnell, thanks

Then you will have no problem with the change whereby if an employee is offered his old job back at same pay and he refuses, he loses his federal unemployment stipend? 

You’ve moved the goalposts, but I’ll play.
I own a business. I expect difficulties finding employees while free money is to be had! 

The majority will unlikely return because:

1. Many jobs are just gone(think restaurants, hospitality and travel), likely never to return. If they do it will be at some point in the future. 

2. Many are making waaaaaaay more money collecting unemployment. Once the faucet is shut off, they will have no choice but to return to the workforce. 

3. Those that aren’t collecting, where furloughed are self employed etc... will have to return or lose their jobs, unless they go down the FMLA route. 

Cut the freebies and workers will return as long as the jobs are available.