JohnP

“in order to create jobs, we need to incentivize people to go back to

Rate this topic

133 posts in this topic

anyone know how wishing workers back to work will ‘create jobs’?

doesn’t the job have to exist?

doesn’t the incentive need to exist by the employer?
 

quote from current WSJ
 

“This will not be in the next bill,” Sen­ate Ma­jor­ity Leader Mitch Mc­Connell (R., Ky.) said last week in a call with House Re­pub­li­cans, ac­cord­ing to a per­son briefed on the call, re­fer­ring to the pro­posed un­em­ploy­ment pay­ments. Later, on Fox News, Mr. Mc­Connell said that “in or­der to cre­ate jobs, we need to in­cen­tivize peo­ple to go back to work, not en­cour­age them to stay home.”
 

ironically, this article stood next to a WSJ report that summer hiring is way down leaving few options for seasonal workers and students. Maybe the students are just lazy ?
 

help us understand McConnell, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you REALLY that out of touch?

 

When people are being paid more by Taxpayer money to stay on employment than they would make at their job, do they really have any incentive to go back to work?

 

Where have you been, since this has been an issue since the get go.

 

:squid:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

8 mins ago, Steve in Mass said:

Are you REALLY that out of touch?

 

When people are being paid more by Taxpayer money to stay on employment than they would make at their job, do they really have any incentive to go back to work?

 

Where have you been, since this has been an issue since the get go.

 

:squid:

 


last I checked, a person is not eligible for unemployment if they were offered but refused a job back at their employer...

 

 

Edited by JohnP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, JohnP said:


last I checked, a person is not eligible for unemployment if they were offered but refused a job back at their employer...

 

 

Ah, but they ARE, especially if they say they are in fear of catching Covid...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 mins ago, JohnP said:


last I checked, a person is not eligible for unemployment if they were offered but refused a job back at their employer...

 

 

 

Thats not entirely correct, and especially so during COvid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, 55555s said:

 

Thats not entirely correct, and especially so during COvid.  

Cluelessness will not stop a leftist on a mission!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, 55555s said:

 

Thats not entirely correct, and especially so during COvid.  


Oh yeah unsafe work environment 

The 40 million workers who filed pretty much all have job offers now but would rather sit home

 

got it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you own or run a restaurant, do you know anything about that business?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's $600 on top of unemployment.  Our little group of friends, one guy is making more now on unemply+the weekly $600 and another lost his business.

 

And now we are extending the duration of this virus by spreading the curve and delaying the total area from reaching Herd immunity level. 

 

Because Government.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what about the businesses that no longer exist? People from those lost jobs are going to need incentive to find other employment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 mins ago, JohnP said:

anyone know how wishing workers back to work will ‘create jobs’?

doesn’t the job have to exist?

doesn’t the incentive need to exist by the employer?
 

quote from current WSJ
 

“This will not be in the next bill,” Sen­ate Ma­jor­ity Leader Mitch Mc­Connell (R., Ky.) said last week in a call with House Re­pub­li­cans, ac­cord­ing to a per­son briefed on the call, re­fer­ring to the pro­posed un­em­ploy­ment pay­ments. Later, on Fox News, Mr. Mc­Connell said that “in or­der to cre­ate jobs, we need to in­cen­tivize peo­ple to go back to work, not en­cour­age them to stay home.”
 

ironically, this article stood next to a WSJ report that summer hiring is way down leaving few options for seasonal workers and students. Maybe the students are just lazy ?
 

help us understand McConnell, thanks

Who is us?.... and why are you all so challenged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Pee had his last "Village" thread blown out of the water such that he could not even respond to rational challenges to his thesis, so, overnight, he came up with this absolutely pointless topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, 55555s said:

There's $600 on top of unemployment.  Our little group of friends, one guy is making more now on unemply+the weekly $600 and another lost his business.

 

And now we are extending the duration of this virus by spreading the curve and delaying the total area from reaching Herd immunity level. 

 

Because Government.  

 

 


the unemployment system is not designed or prepared to pay people exactly what they lost when their job was eliminated 
 

there is no desire or ability to capture that number, nor consider regional adjustments, compensate for lost benefits like healthcare

 

somewhere there is somebody who is making out better, others are making out worse 

 

the propensity to focus on just one side of the data is the hyper partisan divide we are seeing with everything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Zen Master said:

John Pee had his last "Village" thread blown out of the water such that he could not even respond to rational challenges to his thesis, so, overnight, he came up with this absolutely pointless topic.

Saaaaad Little Potato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.