ASrod

New Rod Suggestions

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Initially, I was set on getting a GSB1321M as my heavier duty surf and light inlet setup. Test casted a few different 11 footers today and my elbow wasn’t too happy about it so I’m going to stick with a 10 footer. That being said, I’m torn between two rods- 

GSB1201M and Infinity Surf 10’ 2-5 (discontinued but I found one locally).

If you have any other suggestions on a parabolic rod that’ll throw 1.5-4, let me know. I’d really prefer USA made. Fast action = no bueno. Rod will be paired with a VSX250.

Edited by ASrod

28 mins ago, ASrod said:

Initially, I was set on getting a GSB1321M as my heavier duty surf and light inlet setup. Test casted a few different 11 footers today and my elbow wasn’t too happy about it so I’m going to stick with a 10 footer. That being said, I’m torn between two rods- 

If you have any other suggestions on a parabolic rod that’ll throw 1.5-4, let me know. I’d really prefer USA made. Fast action = no bueno. Rod will be paired with a VSX250.

1201mOS

6 hours ago, ASrod said:

Century S2 Stealth. Will throw down to 3/4oz bucktail up to 5. Happiest up to 4.

Very easy to throw. Won't beat you up like a Lami. Your fishing sessions will be extended because you won't get beat up by the rod. Extremely versatile rod. Blanks are run in the UK and built in the US.

9 mins ago, AFMike said:

Century S2 Stealth. Will throw down to 3/4oz bucktail up to 5. Happiest up to 4.

Very easy to throw. Won't beat you up like a Lami. Your fishing sessions will be extended because you won't get beat up by the rod. Extremely versatile rod. Blanks are run in the UK and built in the US.

I agree on this. Sold my lamis when i started using century rods.  

Each his own, 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I really like century rods as well.

If you can get to one of their demos and test cast a few.

I use a 9' slingshot for inlets and such and it is a pure pleasure

Edited by Captain Ahab

8 hours ago, ASrod said:

To add to this would be as  you get older the elbow wont get any better........

Lucked out and found exactly the rod I wanted. Can’t believe I actually did to be honest, complete stroke of luck. Lami Infinity surf 10MH in the one piece model. Thanks everyone who responded!