Interesting way to know fish are in (blues)

Rate this topic

adams54

Everyone likes to know when blues are in. Lot of people use word of mouth, binocular crew, social media FB,instagram, message boards, reports threads, etc. 

One interesting method is....go to your local walmart. If all the 10ft combos, 100lb braid, and big metals and diamond jigs are gone...you can bet your bottom dollar that blues are in thick someplace not too far away.

Interesting theory, lol.

My Walmart had plenty of that stuff the other day tho. However they only had 1 roll of 30lb clear mono I needed for one my old fluke setups I don’t run braid on. Almost gave up looking, found it it another box.

What they did have a lot in stock are the Abu Garcia baitcaster Black Max combos. For $69 you got the Combo, and a bunch of poppers. I haven’t bought an Abu in years, but for $69 I’m tempted to pick that up if they’ve got them next time I go to use as a freshwater backup rod.

Edited by MattieG

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

Back to the OP's thread content.........another way is you can smell those schools of Bluefish.   

When they're in thick you can smell them before you actually see 'em.

Edited by flylikabird

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

1 hour ago, flylikabird said:

Back to the OP's thread content.........another way is you can smell those schools of Bluefish.   

Ive heard a lot of guys say this and I dont deny its true. In my case I must be hard of smelling. Ive been places where gators are charging through thick, breaking the surface, etc. Couldn't smell a thing.

1 hour ago, MattieG said:

Interesting theory, lol.

My Walmart had plenty of that stuff the other day tho. However they only had 1 roll of 30lb clear mono I needed for one my old fluke setups I don’t run braid on. Almost gave up looking, found it it another box.

What they did have a lot in stock are the Abu Garcia baitcaster Black Max combos. For $69 you got the Combo, and a bunch of poppers. I haven’t bought an Abu in years, but for $69 I’m tempted to pick that up if they’ve got them next time I go to use as a freshwater backup rod.

It is interesting. I always check out the fishing section while Im in there. They really dont have too much stuff I use. Maybe some braid or leader material etc. They usually have a decent assortment of big metals. Always in stock.  Was there the other day they were wiped out. 

I can smell Wild Striped Bass too and it's totally different.  

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

11 hours ago, flylikabird said:

yup,like a combo of watermelon and cucumbers.

HH

An armed man is a citizen,,,an unarmed man is a subject,,,,,,,,