adams54

Interesting way to know fish are in (blues)

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Everyone likes to know when blues are in. Lot of people use word of mouth, binocular crew, social media FB,instagram, message boards, reports threads, etc. 

One interesting method is....go to your local walmart. If all the 10ft combos, 100lb braid, and big metals and diamond jigs are gone...you can bet your bottom dollar that blues are in thick someplace not too far away.

Haha, we went to Walmart to get some lures for freshwater the other day since everything else is closed and the entire freshwater rod combo section was empty. Many of my local retention pond honey holes are now inundated with bored highschoolers using these rods.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Interesting theory, lol.

My Walmart had plenty of that stuff the other day tho. However they only had 1 roll of 30lb clear mono I needed for one my old fluke setups I don’t run braid on. Almost gave up looking, found it it another box.

What they did have a lot in stock are the Abu Garcia baitcaster Black Max combos. For $69 you got the Combo, and a bunch of poppers. I haven’t bought an Abu in years, but for $69 I’m tempted to pick that up if they’ve got them next time I go to use as a freshwater backup rod.

Edited by MattieG

Posted (edited) · Report post

Back to the OP's thread content.........another way is you can smell those schools of Bluefish.   

When they're in thick you can smell them before you actually see 'em.

Edited by flylikabird

1 hour ago, flylikabird said:

Back to the OP's thread content.........another way is you can smell those schools of Bluefish.   

Ive heard a lot of guys say this and I dont deny its true. In my case I must be hard of smelling. Ive been places where gators are charging through thick, breaking the surface, etc. Couldn't smell a thing.

1 hour ago, MattieG said:

Interesting theory, lol.

My Walmart had plenty of that stuff the other day tho. However they only had 1 roll of 30lb clear mono I needed for one my old fluke setups I don’t run braid on. Almost gave up looking, found it it another box.

What they did have a lot in stock are the Abu Garcia baitcaster Black Max combos. For $69 you got the Combo, and a bunch of poppers. I haven’t bought an Abu in years, but for $69 I’m tempted to pick that up if they’ve got them next time I go to use as a freshwater backup rod.

It is interesting. I always check out the fishing section while Im in there. They really dont have too much stuff I use. Maybe some braid or leader material etc. They usually have a decent assortment of big metals. Always in stock.  Was there the other day they were wiped out. 

21 mins ago, JoeGBreezy said:

What's Walmart ?

If you've never been you're in for a treat. Its this magical place where you can still congregate in large numbers and spend spend spend on all the latest and greatest chinese wares. Check it out. You will thank me.

3 hours ago, flylikabird said:

That's not the bluefish you smell. It's the bunker.

11 hours ago, flylikabird said:

yup,like a combo of watermelon and cucumbers.

HH