Scusset beach

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, bob_G said:

Daylight hours only. I can't believe the DCR is being so cooperative.

So does this mean to fish during daylight hours, you need to pay an entrance fee?

As someone who had his vacation arbitrarily cancelled "out of an abundance of caution", I dont think "cooperative " is a word I'd use to describe that agency.

I'll have mine on the rocks.

The DCR must view this epidemic as a gift from above. Now they have the perfect opportunity to  lock everything down. No questions will be asked, it all comes under the heading of public safety.  You're welcome to visit, daylight hours only,  and by the way it's $8 please.

The Sultan of Sluggo

27 mins ago, bob_G said:

The DCR must view this epidemic as a gift from above. Now they have the perfect opportunity to  lock everything down. No questions will be asked, it all comes under the heading of public safety.  You're welcome to visit, daylight hours only,  and by the way it's $8 please.

Seniors are free, well that is what my permits says on it.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

33 mins ago, bob_G said:

Have they started charging for parking? Are other beach lots now charging for parking? I thought places were trying to limit cash transactions due to Covid. 

1 min ago, z-man said:

Have they started charging for parking? Are other beach lots now charging for parking? I thought places were trying to limit cash transactions due to Covid. 

I drove past Rutland State Park the other day. A DCR run property.  $8 to go in that tiny park and walk on their tiny beach. The lot was 3/4 full. 

The Sultan of Sluggo

38 mins ago, bob_G said:

I drove past Rutland State Park the other day. A DCR run property.  $8 to go in that tiny park and walk on their tiny beach. The lot was 3/4 full. 

And yet the Quabbin Reservation is probably the biggest park in New England, the most beautiful and the best kept, and it's free except for the three fishing areas...…………..

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

My thoughts exactly. This is the excuse they've been looking for, and the general public will support it. 

On the day parking fees, it was my understanding that they were waived since the parks opened up again, but I don't know the details. It may have time limits or other conditions. 

Pfantum Pfishah

28 mins ago, b-ware said:

And yet the Quabbin Reservation is probably the biggest park in New England, the most beautiful and the best kept, and it's free except for the three fishing areas...…………..

I guess it's been a while since you've been to Gate 43.  Just want to look at the water  a few minutes, $8 please.

The Sultan of Sluggo