R.R. Bridge Fisher

Swimbait brand ?

18 posts in this topic

I watched a couple guys on u tube that make custom poured swimbaits. They look great and i want to buy a few to try,

I'm looing for 5" paddle tail with the hook pocket that allows you skin hook the tip on the top of the bait. 

I looked at some of the popular sites but cannot find exactly what I want.

I was thinking about getting into pouring but I dont want to start a whole new hobby at this time.

Any suggestions on a brand or where to look?

Jackall Rythm Wave and Reaction Innovation  Skinny Dipper. I mostly reach for the Jackall, but they’re both fantastic baits. They both have that channel on their back to hide the hook point. 

On 5/25/2020 at 7:03 PM, Matt7082 said:

Jackall Rythm Wave and Reaction Innovation  Skinny Dipper. I mostly reach for the Jackall, but they’re both fantastic baits. They both have that channel on their back to hide the hook point. 

+1 for the Reaction Innovation Skinny Dipper. I also like the Strike King Swimin Caffeine Shad

On 5/25/2020 at 8:03 PM, Matt7082 said:

I recently picked up the Little Dipper version of the RI. Love the slot on the bottom for weighted hooks and such. 

Z-man now makes a 5” version of their deizel minnow. They have a split fin on the back designed to cover the hook point. I’ve found it to be perfect to skinhook the hook point inside. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I really like the XZone Pro Series Swammer. Not available in every color in the 5.5 inch, but quite a few to pick from. Little different design than the normal swimbait with a flatter topside, but the segmented body has great action. I especially like the 3.5” for swim jigs and chatterbaits. It doesn’t have the groove you’re looking for, but with the right hook design, could be skin hooked easily.

Edited by Mack26

Another vote for Reaction Innovation. Skinny dipper in sexy Shad Color and Little Dipper in minnow color. I used to fish them on weighted belly swim bait hooks but recently changed over to jig heads. 1/8oz on skinny dipper and 1/16oz on Little Dipper has been the ticket.

This week I plan to try them on a Carolina rig for the first time.

9C54C07D-F436-41C4-A1C7-3729A95AE01E.jpeg

IMO, the "trick" to using any of these swimbaits, is not to try & rig them all the same. You have to vary the hardware to fit the swimbait.

Check out "Big Joshy Swimbaits" in Ohio. 

Louie's Lures in IL also has some nice ones. 

17 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

My hook is 6/0

Seems small

I use some of the weighted swimbait hooks in 10/0 for some that I have. 

I'm also still a fan of Sassy Shads. :D

12 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

For my first impression the initial splash seems to much in my shallow clear spot.

Any thoughts? 

It probably is! But if there is a big bass around it is not.  Try working if from the empty water to likely ambush points.

Those are lures for quality over quantity.  You may only catch one or two bass with them but usually the bass is large 

4 pounders plus usually for me.  The little ones much less so