Birdsnester

For Sale IRT 400 Reel with Patriotic Colors MINT Refurb

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Absolutely beautiful IRT 400 with Patriotic Colors!  Love the very cool ergonomic G1 reel foot. 

Everything but the bearings are Made in the USA!

Comes with hard box,oil, grease, tool etc.  Everything you see in the pics.  I bought this Manufacturer Refurbished last year but only used it a couple of times.  The reel is stunningly beautiful IMHO...Everything operates perfectly.  These reels sell for $480 elsewhere.  

$390 Firm...  Shipping is FREE to continental USA only...  Elsewhere I will get a quote and add it to the price.

IMG_9585.JPG

IMG_9586.JPG

IMG_9588.JPG

IMG_9589.JPG

IMG_9590.JPG

IMG_9591.JPG

IMG_9593 (2).JPG

IMG_9595.JPG

IMG_9596.JPG

IMG_9597.JPG

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9599.JPG

Edited by Birdsnester

Just curious but why are you selling it?  Also, from the specs, it seems smaller than a VS 150.  Is that right?  Also, specs say 30”:retrieve rate which seems really low.

11 mins ago, HKJonathan said:

Just curious but why are you selling it?  Also, from the specs, it seems smaller than a VS 150.  Is that right?  Also, specs say 30”:retrieve rate which seems really low.

Well, my dad passed away 8 weeks ago this Friday.  He and I were fishermen partners for decades and to memorialize our time and our relationship I decided to dedicate my fishing to using reels and to some extent rods from the time period where we were most active in the sport.  As I started to acquire vintage reels, most notably Penn Z series, I realized how great these reels really are.  So, my new venture takes capital and I promised the wife that I would not just accumulate reels lol, I would also sell some off to pay for the reels I am buying.  

You mentioned the VS150 which I had and really liked too.. This is what I found.

VS150

Braid Capacity 30/440

IRT400

Braid Capacity 30/300

VS150

Weight 12 oz

IRT400

Weight 16 oz

VS150

Lne Retrieve 30"

IRT400

Line Retrieve 30"

VS150

Did not see spec on website

IRT400

Drag 25 to 30 depending on model

VS150

Price $860 New

IRT400 without Double Drag

Price $629 New

There ya have it.

1 min ago, HKJonathan said:

Sorry to hear about your father and thanks for the details.  Let me think about it a bit.

Thanks, this has been a rough road, that is for sure.