Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

So with that question posed........

I give you Kung Pao Chicken or better yet....

Let's have an expert in the cuisine teach us this delectable, spicy, slightly nutty Northern Chinese Szechuan dinner.

I used to order this dish all the time when I was young and not smart enough to make it myself.   Guess what?

I can make it better than the take out I was buying because of this great kid named Jeremy.   Thanks Jeremy!!!!!!

I'm fortunate to have all the ingredients in this dish in my cabinets. 

**********quick side bar....I was watching Beat Bobby Flay and this was the dish a skateboarder/chef from Columbia beat Flay with!!!!***** 

On 5/23/2020 at 6:56 PM, flylikabird said:

I give you Kung Pao Chicken or better yet....

Let's have an expert in the cuisine teach us this delectable, spicy, slightly nutty Northern Chinese Szechuan dinner.

I used to order this dish all the time when I was young and not smart enough to make it myself.   Guess what?

I can make it better than the take out I was buying because of this great kid named Jeremy.   Thanks Jeremy!!!!!!

I agree, he's very good, quite professional. He can be a little elaborate at times. You can't lose with him.

Here's a girl who does a bunch of different Asian styles very well. Her stuff tends to be a bit simpler, but still has that going out for dinner taste. Just adding some shaoxing (Chinese cooking wine) and dark soy to your pantry, to go along with the regular soy ginger and garlic, gives you access to a lot of these dishes and adds that bit of extra flavor that turns the corner. You can get some on amazon if local access is an issue. This example of hers' is over the top sweet, crunchy, spicey, sticky but great if you like that sort of thing once in while. She's quite goofy, but her many dishes are good, easy and fast.

Great recipe.... Kung pao is one of those dishes that can be awesome but it varies so much from place to place that I’ve become afraid to order. My son ordered it yesterday and it was basically chicken with spicy mixed veg.. all it needs to be is Chicken, peanuts and chili’s/spices. Definitely making this one. Thanks