codfish

A friend recommended an electric bike for the beach, what say you?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

A friend told me about the Quadrini Electric Bike for fishing the beach, they will build and install rod holders of your choice, what is your take on them? and what tips do you have when it comes to E bikes and fishing?

38_small.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rad makes a nice one that is at a good price point. They don’t come racked but 60 for a setup is a big upgrade.

 

what the price on these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Ahab said:

Make sure they are legal on your beaches.  Most have a no motorized vehicle provision

electric bike runs on battery,its doesnt have a motor=not motorized 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, m12d78 said:

electric bike runs on battery,its doesnt have a motor=not motorized 

Electric motor runs on battery 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, m12d78 said:

electric bike runs on battery,its doesnt have a motor=not motorized 

What?  Yeah what does the battery power? I sure as hell hope it is an electric motor because if you have to peddle the added battery weight makes is tough.

 

By that logic i can drive a chevy volt down the canal path right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the concept but I’d be a little worried about theft or vandalism of something like that.  Don’t know the circumstances of where you intend to fish, if it will always be “in sight”, after dark, lockable, etc.  Most recommend using old clunker bikes for these reasons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, DZ said:

I really like the concept but I’d be a little worried about theft or vandalism of something like that.  Don’t know the circumstances of where you intend to fish, if it will always be “in sight”, after dark, lockable, etc.  Most recommend using old clunker bikes for these reasons.  

Locking to a tree or something along with its shut off key would do. Imagine the amount of bugs you could eat while Cruzen spot to spot on block with these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emptyhook said:

Rad makes a nice one that is at a good price point. They don’t come racked but 60 for a setup is a big upgrade.

 

what the price on these?

$2,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, codfish said:

A friend told me about the Quadrini Electric Bike for fishing the beach, they will build and install rod holders of your choice, what is your take on them? and what tips do you have when it comes to E bikes and fishing?

38_small.jpg

I'm not familiar with Ebikes, but I can tell you a few things.

When you get one, thoroughly degrease the chain and relube it with a dry lube or a wax lubricant. The thick factory grease will be a magnet for sand and between your power, and the added torque from the motor you will chew chains and cassettes up quickly.

After every trip you will have to clean and lube all the bolt heads or they will rust quickly. Salt air is hell on steel. Low pressure in those tires will be your friend, like 8 -10 psi.

You don't need any suspension for the beach so I would steer clear of any bike with it. It's just added weight and maintenance. I would look into a fat bike with 26" wheels too, those look really small.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like overkill. Finding a place to keep it while you fish, wind blowing sand into the chain and workings of it, added maintenance during fishing season. Seems like an albatross around my neck that would be more trouble than convenience. I already have a beach buggy. I agree with those who feel that when they become more than an oddity on the beach they will be banned because they are motorized. They should be regulated and be permitted (buggy permit), also licensed for the road and inspected. I for one don’t want to be mugged by a bunch of yuppies riding Rough shod on public beaches. They are a big enough pain on foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.