StriperC

What type of braid does everyone use

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

die hard superslick v2 fan but recently tested some 832 in 40lb and it's pretty good. there's a pro and con to both but i like them equally. I think my favorite has been to use superslick for 4k and under and 832 for 5k and over.

I've been hearing some positive feedback on the new berkley x9 so I may give that a whirl.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:48 PM, Deepshax said:

Been replacing all my reels w/ Berkely x9 20#/30#

how do you like it? I'm hearing lots of positive feedback on it. how does it compare to pp/832

Love SuperSlick V2, have Jbraid on now because they were the only ones selling 500yd spools, and every shop stocks the same ol baby blue color SSv2. If they had onyx I'd have it on my reel. Jbraid is nicer on the wallet

Edited by SnoozeFishing

832 for everything. Reliable quality.

Pay a few more bucks, but I have confidence in my line and never have to worry about it. Those few extra bucks are more than worth it to me, considering what I spend on the rest of the hobby. Plus the bottom line is line(& hooks)--it's what connects you to the fish. So imo, never cheap out on line and hooks. Get the highest quality.

Anyway, 832 casts nice and has a gore fiber wrapped into the braid for abrasion resistance. That's m'choice.

Edited by rst3

I use nothing but 20lb. Fireline for all my spinners when targeting Bass & Blues. 10lb. Fireline for Fluke, Sea Robins and Cocktail Blues. Coventionals  get 30lb. Fireline for Cod and other bottom dwellers when offshore. Nothing else is needed.... 

10 hours ago, kombi_rs said:

how do you like it? I'm hearing lots of positive feedback on it. how does it compare to pp/832

Have not used 832. Definitely thinner/softer/limper than PP and performance braid.  

On 5/22/2020 at 9:58 PM, StriperC said:

What is everyone’s favorite type of braid to use on their saltwater fishing reels from the surf? Like what do you feel gets you a longer distance? Thanks 

Berkeley Whiplash. Best distance casting braid I've ever used.