Firinne

Any Ham Radio guys here?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Going through my Mom's house I came across an old RCA radio tube (part # 814)  My Dad was a ham operator back in the 60's and 70's and he kept this in it's box for a longtime. Quick research shows it some sort of transmitting tube from the 1940's. Saw one price of $75. If anyone is interested or collects these kind of things shoot me a pm and I'll give it to you. I don't have the heart to trash it and rather give it to a good home.

IMG_3384 (1).JPG

IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3383.JPG

My buddy was a big ham radio guy 5 meter etc.  had 3 or four antennas on his car one looked like it was a house tv      Type it spun around. I think he had a 1000 watt setup that would jam the immediate area.  Something about the skip bouncing off the atmosphere and talkedto people around the world.  Pretty cool.  I did enjoy listening to the cb jargon some of the guys.  I collect old crap.  I’ll take the tube if you want to give it to me.  

38 mins ago, cleatis said:

My buddy was a big ham radio guy 5 meter etc.  had 3 or four antennas on his car one looked like it was a house tv      Type it spun around. I think he had a 1000 watt setup that would jam the immediate area.  Something about the skip bouncing off the atmosphere and talkedto people around the world.  Pretty cool.  I did enjoy listening to the cb jargon some of the guys.  I collect old crap.  I’ll take the tube if you want to give it to me.  

PM me your address Cleatis and I'll mail it to yoiu sometime next week.

why couldnt that be a el34  LOL

I been a ham since 90 or 91 

was a big gun on 75 meters very strong but was high up on a hill and was into hanging wire, plus a Henry amp I modded put a 5000 watt slug in a bird meter to the right. I sold the amp and the person I sold it to got a 10,000 dollar fine (O)(o)

Listening at work to my buddies setup. there was a guy keyed up saying “black diamond! world wide need a beeta feeta feel good. Reading the mail.  I’m back quiet.”  everyday all day.  Lol.   Black guy.  

Growing up I had a neighbor that had an old Ham Tube set up. Had some giant antennae that was always getting hit by lightning. 

That was when you had to learn Morse Code to get a license. We would talk to other Hams from all over the world. 

Now, I bet Ham has gone digital, and his room sized radio probably could fit in the palm of your hand.

On 5/23/2020 at 0:07 PM, Dave588 said:

I have had some ham equipment over the years. If I had the time, I would like to get back into it.

Wouldn’t that be just plugging it in?