squandel

When you’re fishin’

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

When you’re fishing the way most of us like to fish, the new “normal” is the same as the old one. It might be an ass ache to get to your spot but once you’re there, you find that nothing’s changed.

I can no longer park to get to a LOT of my backwater spots

This is starting to really get out of hand

This “parking” thing is becoming a bit suspect. Towns like Spring Lake did it back in April and kept it in place until Tuesday. They had no choice due to the fact that they have a beach and not allowing parking was tantamount to allowing residents only on the beach. I don’t know the spots you’re referring to Sudsy but if there is no “beach access restriction” issue, what’s the reason? This might end up being a blanket option for any neighborhood looking to restrict parking.

9 hours ago, squandel said:

This “parking” thing is becoming a bit suspect. Towns like Spring Lake did it back in April and kept it in place until Tuesday. They had no choice due to the fact that they have a beach and not allowing parking was tantamount to allowing residents only on the beach. I don’t know the spots you’re referring to Sudsy but if there is no “beach access restriction” issue, what’s the reason? This might end up being a blanket option for any neighborhood looking to restrict parking.

Has anyone fished deal lately.  Be interesting to see if they snuck in no parking signs and kept any new restrictions.  This was their chance as they have been at it for years.  Mayors son lives on one of those blocks so I'm sure it's no access at all now.

I believe spring lake was not allowing on street parking for residences as well as non residences until Tuesday past.Which they can do.Other towns where they only let residences park on public streets may be illegal. You can't say who can come use a public road and who cant.you are creating a prejudice situation.

I’m pretty sure Pt Pleasant Beach still has resident only parking. Non residents can’t park east of the railroad tracks. Not sure how they can get away with that if the beaches are open. 

Only one section of beach in Point Pleasant is town owned. The rest is private.  I though that was only to the nigh tide mark. Which maybe true but since you can’t park anywhere it doesn’t matter. The section owned by Jenkinsons didn’t get sand pumped so I don’t know if that is a factor allowing them to keep people off. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 mins ago, 40shades-of-blue said:

Only one section of beach in Point Pleasant is town owned. The rest is private.  I though that was only to the nigh tide mark. Which maybe true but since you can’t park anywhere it doesn’t matter. The section owned by Jenkinsons didn’t get sand pumped so I don’t know if that is a factor allowing them to keep people off. 

Not sure who owns what or any sort of weird technicalities but Im fairly certain the area in front of the south jetty south past the boardwalk had sand added. One thing is for sure is that they didn't build dunes in lieu of a seawall

Edited by adams54

On 5/22/2020 at 8:24 PM, squandel said:

I don’t know the spots you’re referring to Sudsy 

Every single Monmouth County owned park/property along all the rivers and the bayshore are "no parking after dark" and have been so for a while. One town just expanded no parking on all streets for 1/4 mile around one of our favorite spots.