Spare line spools? Gouging or ligit?

Rate this topic

planter

I always have liked to have multiple line spools loaded with different lines for different occasions. I even remember some manufacturers would include an extra in the box. Well i grabbed a 4500 BG yesterday because i really liked the 4000 BG that spent some time in the water last season. I think the BGs are a great reel for the price. Well i started looking for an extra spool today and some are coming in at $78.00 plus S&h which is 60% of the cost of the complete reel. Is that price reflective of actual manufacturing costs or is it a gouge. Shimano and Penn seem to enjoy the same practice? What's the deal?? I don't mind paying, i just like to get kissed before I do. 

You guys have a great day. The spring honey dew list is done or close enough and the skow gets hung on it's mooring today.

You think spinning spools are bad look at saltwater fly reel spools. What stinks about the fly reels is you pretty much have to have a spare spool on hand to switch lines from floating, sinking, intermediate etc. unless you want to strip all the line and respool on the fly. I like having a spare spool on hand for my spinners, but once cry once lol

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever~Jacques Yves Cousteau