LockedDrag

Your favorite tackle shop

Rate this topic

108 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, CaryGreene said:

For Mass I have been a long time fan of any local shop really, but over the years, M&D Outfitters is one of the local shops I find is most likely to be in stock of the exact right things at the right time of year, excluding custom plugs of course which no one is ever really in stock on (though Red Top in Bourne does a great job trying to stay in stock). 

I thought M&D closed its doors a couple years ago. They back???

On 5/22/2020 at 9:32 AM, Popasilov said:

CowHarbor, Northport

:howdy:  :howdy:    :howdy:

Mark, thank you

x2— they are so genuine and have all the right gear.... and dont forget Phil too lol. :cool:

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 hours ago, iwantmypie said:

I thought M&D closed its doors a couple years ago. They back???

I don't know, haven't been to the Canal area in a few years. Can anyone shed light on M&D?

I see their Facebook page is still active. 

Edited by CaryGreene

21 hours ago, catchnr3lease said:

DE- 99% Ricks b&t in longneck, know the owners of old inlet personally, good guys, but their stuff is "beach priced" 
MD - AllTackle or Tochtermans depending on location

NJ - Grumpys, or B&N to get breakfast with your tackle

Rick's is good.  Was sad when he passed.  But always had good people in there.   Family had a camper behind old inlet.  Been stopping in there damn near 45 years.  Butch and Clark are good people.  Jack knows his reels inside and out. Can't remember the name of the guy who fixes the rods bit he's real good too.  Yes they are beach priced on lots of stuff.  

9 mins ago, Stryper Snyper said:

Rick's is good.  Was sad when he passed.  But always had good people in there.   Family had a camper behind old inlet.  Been stopping in there damn near 45 years.  Butch and Clark are good people.  Jack knows his reels inside and out. Can't remember the name of the guy who fixes the rods bit he's real good too.  Yes they are beach priced on lots of stuff.  

Yes it was, Mike who had been running it with Ricks wife since he passed purchased it from Deb bout 2 years ago, she still works a little in the summer and lives right there. Clark and Butch are great guys, no problem spending my money with them if they happen to be open when I hit the rocks.

That’s the problem with old inlet, great location, hours suck big time. They have the best location in the State. 
The bi-weekly fishing reports are terrible as well. But I know what’s going on between Lewis and the inlet, so that’s not a deal breaker. Just wish I could get bait early or late, bankers hours just do not work for me! 

12 hours ago, CaryGreene said:

I don't know, haven't been to the Canal area in a few years. Can anyone shed light on M&D?

I was fishing the area this morning and decided to drive by. Looks like they’re prepping to reopen next week. Love to see it!!

I seldom walk into a b&t anymore. Most of my orders are online, unless I need live bait or if I am in a pinch. Canal Bait & Tackle is a friendly and reliable shop with an order online service. Shipping is fast and the staff is available to answer questions. They also have a clearance section with useful lures such as Hogy, Gibbs, and Super Strike on sale for nearly half off. I will likely make more purchases at Canal Bait & Tackle in the future.

On 5/21/2020 at 7:35 AM, hunter123 said:

OLd Inlet B & T in DE. Been going there now for 59 years.

Ditto

20 hours ago, Stryper Snyper said:

When I only fished Penn, It was always great to be able to buy parts from Jack.  Their stuff is beach priced but, I only ever buy terminal stuff, leader, or the occasional pack of swimbaits or plug.

I did buy one of my first penn ss during their memorial day tent sale. That was a long time ago.

17 hours ago, delaware surfman said:

That’s the problem with old inlet, great location, hours suck big time. They have the best location in the State. 
The bi-weekly fishing reports are terrible as well. But I know what’s going on between Lewis and the inlet, so that’s not a deal breaker. Just wish I could get bait early or late, bankers hours just do not work for me! 

When I use to fish live eels alot. It was always a race to get down there before they closed. The reports I always find comical as well.

Edited by Haycreekrambler

J&H and Causeway are my favorites on LI. I really don't go much anymore though, I rarely use bait and if I do I catch it myself. When I do go I usually stock up enough to not go for awhile.

Edited by C.Robin

On 5/23/2020 at 7:21 PM, CaryGreene said:

I'm pretty sure Mike sold it or got out of it for some reason but I've heard it's reopening under new ownership?  Mike had the best shop for surf guys by far on or around the cape 

80% online, since my favourite closed down few years ago (Campbellsportackle). The rest are mostly commercialize, they dont really know much fishing except pick either the most expensive or most undesirable/unsell old stocks tackle n try to push to end customers. SAD!