LockedDrag

Your favorite tackle shop

Rate this topic

108 posts in this topic

I have to go with three, because all three have treated me and family very well.  Saltwater Edge and Sam's B&T in southern RI, Ocean State Tackle in norther RI.  Great shops, generous, kind and knowledgeable owners, excellent service. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Between Grumpy's and Betty & Nick's I can always find what I'm looking for except eels. In that case shout out to Brinkman's and good ol china town

Edited by DragonsLax48

52 mins ago, DragonsLax48 said:

Between Grumpy's and Betty & Nick's I can always find what I'm looking for except eels. In that case shout out to Brinkman's and good ol china town

Lol forget all the tackle shops, China town got the best live bait!

Local: J&H for convenience and price, Whitewater Outfitters for knowledge and fly gear

Online: Tomos or Saltwater Edge 

Reel Life in Pt Pleasant was always my go to until the owner F'd up and went bankrupt. Fishermen's Supply in PP Beach always had the best selection of plugs when Ronnie was alive (RIP Ronnie) but I haven't been in since he passed.

35 mins ago, MorningWood said:

Reel Life in Pt Pleasant was always my go to until the owner F'd up and went bankrupt. Fishermen's Supply in PP Beach always had the best selection of plugs when Ronnie was alive (RIP Ronnie) but I haven't been in since he passed.

Lol.  I used to enjoy ducking into Reel Seat.  Although I feel they catered more to the boat man.

You just reminded me of Brielle B&T right around the corner I should have put on my list.  Always visit when in the area, always leave with something I “needed.”  I think they get overshadowed by Fisherman Supply across the way, but they got game.  I’ve been doing all my rod repair there for years.