LockedDrag

Your favorite tackle shop

Rate this topic

108 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Stewie said:

Surfland, Newbury, Mass. I'm not there as often as I once was, but it still feels like home.

Those guys are great.  I've been as a visitor to your part of the coast, and they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.  Old school shop with great staff.

The owner told me a stories about his mom, who I believe started the shop.  Sounds like she was extremely well known by just about everyone who fished those waters.  Cool place

Grumpys Bait and Tackle, right before IBSP. Great guys, Grumpy is an equal opportunity abuser, very informative and they have always been nice. Everytime I go there, I have to buy something.  It's an addiction that I don't want to cure.

Another vote for GRumpy's. Their custom rods are top notch, and they have a large selection of blanks for boat and surf, and they have a full selection of Fuji components - they even have stock in Titanium SIC and Torzites. Now that they shipping orders their business should begin to really boom

4 hours ago, Spigola said:

I lived on Long Island for more than 30 years and Causeway was not only my favorite tackle shop, it was the hang out for all the local fishing psychos.  It was like a little club house for us.  If you needed it, they had it.  Not to mention some of the best custom made rods anywhere at fair prices.

Yep totally agree.  They still make nice rods and have good reel service.  They are all good people there 

Falmouth Bait and Tackle in MA. Its not specifically a surf focused shop but Christian and the crew there take care of you and treat you right.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Betty and Nicks. Dad bought me my 1st surf rod there just shy of 50 yes ago. Their shop has a lot of nostalgia for me.  Still have it even though the wraps are dried out.

Plus a heck of a bacon , egg and cheese breakfast sandwich..

Edited by JoeSWFF

LockedDrag, thanks for this positive post.   We have several members of this forum who, if 99.9% of things went right with a product or service, and one thing happened to go wrong, would focus solely on the one wrong thing.   In this time in history that is difficult for many of us, it is refreshing to hear people making compliments rather than whining.        

1 hour ago, MartyK said:

LockedDrag, thanks for this positive post.   We have several members of this forum who, if 99.9% of things went right with a product or service, and one thing happened to go wrong, would focus solely on the one wrong thing.   In this time in history that is difficult for many of us, it is refreshing to hear people making compliments rather than whining.        

I got plenty to complain about but some places I can deal with cuz the pros outweigh the cons by far

Live on the Crystal Coast of NC, lucky to be in an area that is loaded with excellent, locally owned B&T shops.  My favorite is the closest to me (one of their stores) and that's Neuse Sport Shop in Cedar Point NC.  However, you could work your way from the northern Outer Banks down to Shallotte and never have to drive more than 30 minutes to get to a great place to buy gear or learn what's happening in the surf or sound.  OH