LockedDrag

Your favorite tackle shop

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

What’s everyone’s favorite tackle shop? The one you appreciate the most? I’ve been to a few and my favorite is by far Quaker Lane Bait & Tackle and the not even close. The services they provide is top notch. I love me another shop cuz of the guys who work there and the things the selections they have but their “services” suck. 

Big shout out to Causeway Bait and Tackle in Wantagh Long Island NY.  Super friendly staff, always competitive prices and they’ve been around since I believe the 40’s

i can't think of a tackle shop that i haven't liked,but my favorites would have to be Tightlines,Paulies, B@B on LI.Blackbeards and canal B@T on the Cape.If Nelsons on the Cape was still open that would be the top of the list since i worked there.And in Fla Whiteys and long point in Sebastian

Just now, skipperpop425 said:

Giglios in sea bright

Giglios is a great shop.  My buddies opened up a shop down in Long Branch called Tak Waterman.  I do a lot of the same style fishing as the guys that run the place so they always have the kind of gear I need/want.  

42 mins ago, Stewie said:

Surfland, Newbury, Mass. I'm not there as often as I once was, but it still feels like home.

1 hour ago, VitaminDee said:

Tomos in Salem MA

2X 

Can’t beat the service at either 

Edited by fishnbear

Old Inlet Bait and Tackle... no BS reports, excellent rod/reel service, good bait and local tackle, and very competitive prices...

Lower, slower DE 

Edited by coop01

2 hours ago, Birdsnester said:

Big shout out to Causeway Bait and Tackle in Wantagh Long Island NY.  Super friendly staff, always competitive prices and they’ve been around since I believe the 40’s

I lived on Long Island for more than 30 years and Causeway was not only my favorite tackle shop, it was the hang out for all the local fishing psychos.  It was like a little club house for us.  If you needed it, they had it.  Not to mention some of the best custom made rods anywhere at fair prices.