SalmonAndStriper Stalker

triangle pond sandwich

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

recollecting from my youth when I was starting out trout fishing I believe I can remember that this pond was stocked with trout. the furthest back stocking list I can find is 2010 and it's not on there. can anyone here confirm if this place was indeed stocked with trout and how was the fishing? looking back at the list and it's sad to see hoxie pond no longer stocked either. place was awesome.

Can't say I ever recall a triangle pond in Sandwich? There were a series of ponds on the Bourne/Plymouth line know locally as triangle ponds. But these were pickerel ponds.

Hoxie was a real loss. My fav fly fishing pond. Incredible midge hatches. I had that midge stuff down cold, then FW stops stocking it.  The reason they stopped was lame IMO.

1 hour ago, robc22 said:

Triangle is not stocked, never was as far as i can remember.......Maybe your confused with spectacle pond? 

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents/2019/01/04/Spectacle_sandwich.pdf

I'm pretty sure it was triangle. I always fished spectacle. people would park at the Bush on farmersville road and walk in to fish triangle. trying to get stocking records from 2008 or around there

7 hours ago, bob_G said:

Hoxie was a real loss. My fav fly fishing pond. Incredible midge hatches. I had that midge stuff down cold, then FW stops stocking it.  The reason they stopped was lame IMO.

Wait, what happened with Hoxie?

9 hours ago, FishermanTim said:

I thought is was a food related topic.  So close to lunch time but not close enough....

Beat me to it...sounded like either somewhere to get a sandwich or a kind of specialty sandwich.

13 hours ago, Intrepid95 said:

Wait, what happened with Hoxie?

The guy who owns the cranberry bogs adjacent to the pond, also owns the lot where fishermen park. Fishermen and kids were crapping the place up, and he closed the lot.  

As a result, Ma FW stopped stocking trout.  Even though there's ample parking on the street, Hoxie was taken off the stocking list.  One of my fav ponds.