TimS

So new cardiologist says I need by pass surgery

Rate this topic

203 posts in this topic

best of luck brotha..get it done and over with ..easier to heal  up now then when u get into the later yrs..better to be safe than sorry...prayers to ya bud

Let  Red do it , everybody gonna got to die sometimes . A hard thing to go thru , good luck picking the right thing . Maybe say a prayer if Red does it .

5 hours ago, Tom T said:

I will even drive you country mice into the big scary city.

Driving into or around the city has never been or never will be as easy as it is now.

No more fried porkchops and rice & beans. St. Francis is a great hospital and they let you order as much food as you want! Stayed there a few days due to astronimacal  blood pressure readings! Took good care of me and now taking meds to keep everything under control. Many doctors say diet is everything but some say it's hereditary. Good luck Tim on whatever you decide, 

Hey Tim,

Had mine 3 years ago, a 6x CABG . . . I was asymptomatic.  Not necessarily agreeing with the opinion here to go to “the big city”.  Jersey Shore has one of the best cardiac floors in the region.  My doc is a young guy, 43-44 years old out of Monmouth Cardiology, Dr Jason Litsky.  Dr. Kourosh Asgarian  at Mid-Atlantic Surgical Associates was my cardiothoracic surgeon.

My step daughter is an ICU nurse on the cardiac floor at Columbia Presbyterian.  If you want a “big city” opinion that’s the place to go.  She was extremely impressed with the approach, treatment and care I received. Multiple doctors I am friends with all suggested I go to Jersey Shore.

2 opinions is never a bad idea, so my suggestion is to start with Dr Litsky and then Columbia Presbyterian.  Just let me know if you want the name of a surgeon there. 

My opinion, for what’s its worth.  If your blockage is significant and in a spot that makes catheterization difficult, best to have the bypass done.  Good luck and let me know if I can be a resource.

Sorry Tim. I am all for more opinions. Over 80% of the time a second opinion will be different from the 1st. If you decide to do it, I'd go with a hospital that has a great track record on your procedure. The whole team and their expertise can make a difference. Hospitals vary in their results, check them out.  No dibs for me, I have enough junk. I'm sure it will work out well for you.

If possible get It done now while your young ,you heal quicker and take rest of the summer off.Look At genes usually it carry’s over ...best of luck to you

Posted (edited) · Report post

I guess the doc didn’t see much, if any, change since you were first diagnosed. Hence, he’s recommending surgery. 

It can’t hurt to get a third opinion, but do your homework on the doctor, it matters. 

Columbia Presbyterian is the place to have it done, if you’re in NJ. St Francis is excellent if you’re on LI. 

P.S. Don’t wait, the backlog may be significant at this time. 

Edited by Wayne Tj