TimS

So new cardiologist says I need by pass surgery

Rate this topic

203 posts in this topic

Kinda caught me off guard since the last

one said I should be fine with medication and exercise. This one says medication is just gonna put off the inevitable need for bypass surgery. Says I’d be better off with surgery now, while I’m healthy rather than waiting till I’m 65-70 and then have emergency bypass surgery. Makes sense...but the thought of them cracking open my chest makes me a little nauseous :squid: 

No robot surgery available for that ?

Probably not......good luck. 

I need shoulder surgery, but i am going to push it off as long as i can even if the pain is frankly a pain.

Posted (edited) · Report post

So it’s been a couple months. I take it you’re not feeling better thus  the new cardiologist.

Edited by Lagerhead

Did you have a PET stress test yet? Been down/going down this road now. Also, when you get older they seem to be able to do bypass in a less invasive way. 

Edited by rdbass

Reputable second opinion? I have to say I question the idea that if you're followed closely the only option to surgery now is emergency surgery at 65-70.  I don't know the details so your blockage may be in a bad spot.....most aren't.

Best of luck Tim, btw don’t take medical advice from the SOL Tavern unless your doc is a member 

Edited by Sandflee

I had a quadruple bypass 12 years ago at 55 yrs.  Get it done now, and believe me, you will feel 20 yrs younger.  It's not a big deal like it was 30 yrs, ago or longer. 

I feel like its a good idea to get another opinion anytime someone suggests opening up your chest.  The guy could be right but it would sure make me nervous.  Good luck man I hope it all turns out ok.