TinyTrout

WTS 9' St. Croix Triumph Surf

14 posts in this topic

Recently got a new rod so I am looking to offload this one. I had it for about 1 year now and I did register the SN when I got it. Sweet rod for throwing around 1.5-2 oz but I typically toss 1 oz so I went with a lighter rod. No rust whatsoever but there is a tiny bubble/crack in the clear coat in the tip. This happened to all my Triumphs (7'/8'/10') so far so I wasn't surprised. Guides are in good shape, no cracks that I've noticed.

Picked up in central NJ, I would be looking to get $90 for it. Not looking to ship it.

IMG-0849.JPG

IMG-0850.JPG

IMG-0851.JPG

IMG-0852.JPG

IMG-0853.JPG

IMG-0854.JPG

IMG-0855.JPG

IMG-0856.JPG

IMG-0857.JPG

IMG-0858.JPG

6 mins ago, patfont said:

It’s a 2 pc rod right?

Would you ship to South Jersey AC area?

Yes sir, it is a 2 piece. 

Not looking to ship it. I am located in Old Bridge but I could meet in Manasquan (or anywhere between the two) if you are interested though.

I have no problem wearing a mask or letting you look at it in my trunk when I am 6 ft away if that is your concern.

30 mins ago, TinyTrout said:

Yes sir, it is a 2 piece. 

Not looking to ship it. I am located in Old Bridge but I could meet in Manasquan (or anywhere between the two) if you are interested though.

I have no problem wearing a mask or letting you look at it in my trunk when I am 6 ft away if that is your concern.

Thanks, let me know if you decide to ship and I will take it.

You say it's good for throwing 1.5 - 2 oz and rated 1/2 to 2.  You throw 1 oz. but wanted a lighter rod..  Is this not a good rod to throw 1 oz with? I normally throw anywhere from 3/4 to 2 1/2.  Thanks

16 mins ago, Jimo95 said:

You say it's good for throwing 1.5 - 2 oz and rated 1/2 to 2.  You throw 1 oz. but wanted a lighter rod..  Is this not a good rod to throw 1 oz with? I normally throw anywhere from 3/4 to 2 1/2.  Thanks

I throw 1/2 oz bucktails a lot. It's not so much that this rod didn't throw them well, as they still got decent distance, it is just a faster action rod than I prefer to fish with. I did cast the 1 1/4 oz Hydro Minnow a lot with this rod and got great distance and thought it did that fairly well. The rod also performed really well with 5" swim shads, which I think is due to their heavier weight. I think that the rod starts to turn on around 1 oz but finds it's sweet spot around 1 1/2 oz which is heavier than I usually toss.

I replaced this rod with the Tsunami Airwave Elite 8'-8" and am much happier with the action of that rod for 3/8 - 1 1/2 oz lures with 80% of my fishing being done with 1 oz or less.

If you are interested in testing the rod out before hand I have no problem meeting up somewhere in MoCo if you bring your own reel and lures.