Cerealkilla43

Question for those who have mojo surf rods??

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I just received my mojo surf rod and noticed on the bottom half of the rod is a small piece of plastic that travels up and down the bottom half but doesn't come all the way out. Anybody have any idea, what this is?

20200514_155736.jpg

I’m just making an educated guess but I would assume it would help keep water out. If you accidentally fling the top half of your rod off it would sink slower.

Looks like the cap on the top part got pushed into the blank. It's really just there to keep debris out.

So this won't effect anything? I don't really wanna waste my time exchanging it if I don't need to. Corona has all these businesses taking a year to answer emails and ship items. If it doesn't effect anything negatively, I'm not gonna waste my time going through that whole process.

The cap on the top part got pushed there to keep debris and water out. I have heard bad news about the mojo so be careful and do not load it too much in the cast. I'm not a fan of St. Croix surf rods because I have seen too many breakages. A quick search right here on SOL proves that.

22 mins ago, Bluefishmaster said:

The cap on the top part got pushed there to keep debris and water out. I have heard bad news about the mojo so be careful and do not load it too much in the cast. I'm not a fan of St. Croix surf rods because I have seen too many breakages. A quick search right here on SOL proves that.

It was a gift lol. Who makes the best surf rods?

21 mins ago, Bluefishmaster said:

That's just being overly dramatic.  You can cast a Mojo as hard as you want. What they don't like is being tossed around, hit on rocks, and high sticked.  It's a thin walled graphite blank and it doesn't take kindly to misuse, but casting isn't misuse.

8 hours ago, Cerealkilla43 said:

So this won't effect anything? I don't really wanna waste my time exchanging it if I don't need to. Corona has all these businesses taking a year to answer emails and ship items. If it doesn't effect anything negatively, I'm not gonna waste my time going through that whole process.

I personally wouldn't worry about it. If it bothers you, get it as close to the end as you can then drop some glue on it to keep it there.

5 mins ago, Kima said:

That's just being overly dramatic.  You can cast a Mojo as hard as you want. What they don't like is being tossed around, hit on rocks, and high sticked.  It's a thin walled graphite blank and it doesn't take kindly to misuse, but casting isn't misuse.

I personally wouldn't worry about it. If it bothers you, get it as close to the end as you can then drop some glue on it to keep it there.

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks!

I lay into my 9' Mojo every cast. Held up fine over the past 10 years. :shrug:

I seem to recall having a similar thing moving around but I forget if it just stopped or if I took the endcap off and removed it. They're not high end rods but they get the job done.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Bluefishmaster said:

Lately it’s the ODM rods which are keep breaking. Look into the recent  ODM warranty thread... 

Edited by levari

3 hours ago, Kima said:

My experience exactly!

Marc