"You never let a serious crisis go to waste" - Trump channeling Rahm?

Rate this topic

flyangler

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before".
— Rahm Emanuel

Well, the Dems are trying their best to use the virus to advance progressive ideals.

Then is it any surprise that Trump might be using the virus to advance conservative ideals like deregulation? 

Trump announces executive order 'suspending' regulations impeding the economy

President hands his Cabinet secretaries broad say to nix more regulations

John T Bennett

3 hours ago

Donald Trump, eager to juice the staggering US economy to boost his re-election bid, signed an executive order on Tuesday that he said is designed to help businesses recover from the Covid-19 outbreak.

The president told his Cabinet members during a White House meeting the order “gives you tremendous power to cut regulation”.

The order is about “instructing federal agencies to use any and all authority to waive, suspend and eliminate unnecessary regulations that impede economic recovery,” Mr Trump said before signing it with a large black felt pen.

“And we want to leave it that way,” he added.

Mr Trump has made nixing regulations, especially ones put in place by the Obama administration, a top priority during his over three years in office.

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

4 hours ago, patchyfog said:

You must be ecstatic.

Screenshot_20200519-235632.png.a80be4623e9e50f03f35ba91dab8052c.png

Is there something besides "environmental concerns" in play here?  I can't imagine that this is the lone area that we're planning on suspending regulations.  Are you saying that Trump is pinning his hopes for the economy on relaxing of environmental regulations?

Maybe you're just an EW perhaps?

4 hours ago, patchyfog said:

You must be ecstatic.

Screenshot_20200519-235632.png.a80be4623e9e50f03f35ba91dab8052c.png

Are there specifics? Are these ridiculous Obama-era rules like the regulation of rain puddles? Or are they serious and we will soon be able to buy phosphate rich detergents again? Or remove catalytic converters from car exhaust systems?

Get back to me with specifics and I will let you know if I feel my knickers getting twisted.

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

If a democrat was president, I bet there would be all sorts of necessary regulations being added. Add a regulation over there, get a kickback from a waiver over here. The governor of Pennsylvania got caught doing just that sort of thing. 

Democrats want to control every aspect of our lives, and adjust them to suit the wishes of their little buddies.

4 hours ago, tomkaz said:

Are there specifics? Are these ridiculous Obama-era rules like the regulation of rain puddles? Or are they serious and we will soon be able to buy phosphate rich detergents again? Or remove catalytic converters from car exhaust systems?

Get back to me with specifics and I will let you know if I feel my knickers getting twisted.

5e3856700a40e_giphy(24).gif.62343456428bc610e1893f1079c54750.gifCE7361AC-1419-4BB2-9190-73EDE16F8B4A-5746-000004553D668761.png.e0632034f226f72a96280cbf63b4d34a.png.90160fb8b57bc429497de4e56c48fade.png

3 hours ago, Ellar said:

The President's felt pen is large and black.

Uh, um, is that a double-entendre? 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

4 hours ago, tomkaz said:

1 min ago, MaxKatt said:

I'm with PatchyFog.  Totally knew "unnecessary regulation" was going to be anything designed to protect the environment or keep Wall Street from going hog wild.

Same question applies to you Max. 

Revert to the old- They're deforesting the mountain side..........   Killing seals............  spilling chemicals into waterways........   

No evidence just feelings. 

What do you need to do to jump start an economy? What can the government do to help?

The only answer is for the government to get out of the way. This has nothing to do with the environment, it has to do with the overbearing regulations on commerce put into place over the years. 

Just now, MaxKatt said:

That one's getting played.

How about one of me at June 2018 "Keep Families Together" protest in NYC.  You remember.  That's when Trump was caging kids.  

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 10.37.30 AM.png

so it was ok for Obama to cage kids?  Did you protest that?